Anyone used Adobe Audition?

I have the full program on my iMac but I've never even opened it, I really don't know much about it other than no one uses it lol Any pros and cons would be helpful, I have no desire to learn a new program unless it will be time well spent. Thanx! ❤

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I use it. I still have the 1.0 version though because it's simple. The later versions got too bloated for me.

It's great for editing audio quickly or piecing together loops. I've never used it as a full-on suite because I just wanted it for editing.

Give it a try but it depends on what you want to use it for.

mono

the invisible visible
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
phew, are you kidding? cool edit since day one. still my go to wave editor. but audition (the new name after adobe bought cool edit) got a bloated cpu hog after version 1.5. what fade said

I'm really glad to hear that this isn't just a waste if space on my Mac, everyone else I've talk to outside of ILL literally told me to straight delete it! I use Logic for beats and Pro Tools for vocals and I wanted to try Audition for editing and mixing. It's the newest version. I'm glad to see some positive reviews of it, I think ima actually mess w it a little now...I'm all about finding easier or more productive ways of getting things done. ❤

Step Soprano

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I'm really glad to hear that this isn't just a waste if space on my Mac, everyone else I've talk to outside of ILL literally told me to straight delete it! I use Logic for beats and Pro Tools for vocals and I wanted to try Audition for editing and mixing. It's the newest version. I'm glad to see some positive reviews of it, I think ima actually mess w it a little now...I'm all about finding easier or more productive ways of getting things done. ❤
I'd keep the mixing to pro tools alone, makes it easier when u send shit to people and all that. There's more reasons, too high, will edit this post tomorrow.

lion-ucs

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I used to use audition of chopping. But I stopped that not too long after.
As it's already been said, Audition is way overbloated, it's like the Windows ME of audio programs.

If you have PT and Logic (Don't know why you'd need PT when Logic is 15000 times better) then Audition is completely and utterly useless. In all honesty I'd probably recommend Audacity of Audition just from the fact that AA is such a resource hog that you'll have a much faster workflow in Audacity.

I generally like Adobe products, but audio is not they're field AT ALL. They need to stick to visuals cause Photoshop, Illustrator, After Affects and Premier are all prime.

I have it, have opened it, stared at it, closed it and then went back to PT.
That's about where I'm at lol

I used to use audition of chopping. But I stopped that not too long after.
As it's already been said, Audition is way overbloated, it's like the Windows ME of audio programs.

If you have PT and Logic (Don't know why you'd need PT when Logic is 15000 times better) then Audition is completely and utterly useless. In all honesty I'd probably recommend Audacity of Audition just from the fact that AA is such a resource hog that you'll have a much faster workflow in Audacity.

I generally like Adobe products, but audio is not they're field AT ALL. They need to stick to visuals cause Photoshop, Illustrator, After Affects and Premier are all prime.
I use PT for my vocals exclusively and then Logic for composing and mixing. I have all the other Adobe stuff, my bf is actually a graphic designer for them. I thought Audition might be good for adding effects or something along those lines.