April 23rd - May 7th

Status
Not open for further replies.

macndabox

UnGenre Productions #unGenre
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
I must admit that this isn't an easy sample to flip for me...lol...Might have to go generic on this one

Visceral

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Yes yes,
Thanks for the sample Dacalion, not made a beat for ages so this was my 1st port of call for some inspiration.

Ferret: really nice mellow beat, all gels together well. Especially like how you've made the vocal part of the beat, an MC could bounce off that - like how in some tracks where they have a conversation with the beat - 2 examples I can think of are "Speak Softly" by Marco Polo/Jojo Pellegrino & "Hold U Down" by Alchemist. Anyways I digress, great job.

Here's my take on it, it's called "Reality Check", feedback much appreciated, cheers:
http://www.soundclick.com/visceralhiphop

macndabox

ill o.g.
Yes yes,
Thanks for the sample Dacalion, not made a beat for ages so this was my 1st port of call for some inspiration.

Ferret: really nice mellow beat, all gels together well. Especially like how you've made the vocal part of the beat, an MC could bounce off that - like how in some tracks where they have a conversation with the beat - 2 examples I can think of are "Speak Softly" by Marco Polo/Jojo Pellegrino & "Hold U Down" by Alchemist. Anyways I digress, great job.

Here's my take on it, it's called "Reality Check", feedback much appreciated, cheers:
http://www.soundclick.com/visceralhiphop

Me likes...Cool change ups..good choice of sample...nice overlay!!!

I have a track cooking for this one, but will prob take till the 7th to finish.

Fuck it here goes nothing, i thought i might as well post it before I fuck it up.
Still got a bit of work to do, some drum variation and theres a little click in there i need to work on but here it is, my first unstoned beat...
https://www.illmuzik.com/profile/page/?username=2good-productions&music&music_id=1548

Ferret. I like some of the vocal snippets you have used, "Please Dont Take My Music Away", but then some of the other vocal chops seem a little disjointed and dont quite work in my opinion. Still a nice flip, I like the drums.

Visceral. I dont recognize any of the sample in that beat. Are you cheating? dope beat none the less.

Dac. Haha I see you used the same part I did. I dunno, this just seems a little too busy to me, but still dope flippage and cuts.

Macndabox. Well this is different, subtle use of the sample, and much composition around it. This beat has a nice dark atmosphere, good work.
I like the drums, even tho I hate the tom rolls, Im going to have to just get with the times and accept drum rolls.

Visceral

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Thanks for the feedback people. Listened to all the other flips & was very impressed.

Dacalion: You actually managed to use those wobble sounds! I couldn't make those bastards fit in my beat at all! Very professional sounding beat, don't know why you're bothered about it being a "half ass mix", sounds slick to me. Remember you can overdo things with Hip Hop, keep it raw & have confidence cos your shit is quality mate.

Macndabox: Good choice to do 2 versions, the sample does lend itself more to house to be fair. The house beat has a nice journey to it with the change ups and the lead synth. The Hip Hop beat is sick tho, ill bassline & good decision to go with the slow/double time tempo, I can bounce to that! I'm not a massive fan of drum rolls in Hip Hop beats either 2Good, but I think Mac used some good drum sounds to stop it being generic.

2Good: Glad you didn't recognise the sample, I'll take that as a compliment! The bit I chopped is around 4:50-5:00 in the original track. Had to make use of that bassline, and then chopped little bits of the guitar and filtered them. Anyways onto your beat; I personally like the choppy/clickiness of the sample, gives it character, nice synth & especially like the bass. Can tell you're used to composing over samples, refreshing to hear.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Ferret - I like this, very R&B'ish. The vocal placements make this beat seem more for a singer and not a rapper but the beat is definitely hip hop. I luv the pitch change on the vocals as well. The drums fit perfect with this beat style. Everything is on point from my view.

Visceral - This is dope, nice chops, nice pauses, nice vocal snips, super nice change ups. Sound quality is on point. Good job!

Macnadabox - Hip Hop - OK, Ima tell you why this works for me. 1st Impression tells me that the vocals are so off key with the song that this can't work BUT then I hear the way you twisted everything and surprisingly, it all comes together imo. incorporating the toms in this was hot. Very creative beat! and sometimes creativity is that it takes. I dig this.

House - I didn't even listen to it because I HATE HOUSE music! lol, sorry but you would have gotten a totally biased feedback from the jump so I didn't even click on it. Just being honest =).

2Good - hahaha, I gotta like this. I mean there's no way around it...lol. and yeah, we'll wait for your next flip.

This was a tough song to flip, but I'm a firm believer that there is a jewel hidden within any song/sample, it's just up to us to find it. Thats just how I approach sample flipping. I know that if I had really took my time I would have found that jewel, I'm not disappointed with my flip, but thanks for the luv and feedback.

@Rav3 - Since youre going thru PB, let me know which song you want to flip but I trust you not to have started on it already. We gotta get those creative juices flowing again. Time permitting, I will do a 24 hr flip as well. Not making this a contest but just challenging our abilities to roll something over as fast as possible and then reviewing the results.

macndabox

ill o.g.
Party Music - Rush job, half ass mix, no final touches but thanks to Rav3, I've got some dope samples coming up next. I've heard everyones flip, I'll leave feedback tomorrow.

Well..I think this is quite cool sir...Wondering if you chop samples or just loop on turn tables cus I could hear the overlap? I gotta get some turntables...anywho...I had to go back and find the wobble sound..lol...I didn't know there was a wobble sound...lol...Nice! Always a favorite...

Fuck it here goes nothing, i thought i might as well post it before I fuck it up.
Still got a bit of work to do, some drum variation and theres a little click in there i need to work on but here it is, my first unstoned beat...
https://www.illmuzik.com/profile/page/?username=2good-productions&music&music_id=1548

Wow...You destroyed that..I was really feeling that Bassline, drums on point, quality...Crisp..Kept thinking..damm you "Killt" it...Job well done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online