April 23rd - May 7th

Status
Not open for further replies.

macndabox

UnGenre Productions #unGenre
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
Feedback to the Feedback

First off, thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.

Macndabox. Well this is different, subtle use of the sample, and much composition around it. This beat has a nice dark atmosphere, good work.
I like the drums, even tho I hate the tom rolls, Im going to have to just get with the times and accept drum rolls.

This is the first time I've heard anyone say they hate tom rolls..lol..I don't use em very often..I tend to just follow the sounds and in this instance it seemed to work best for me..lol..That tom is used as a tom, a kick and a snare in this track just played at different pitches...

Macndabox: Good choice to do 2 versions, the sample does lend itself more to house to be fair. The house beat has a nice journey to it with the change ups and the lead synth. The Hip Hop beat is sick tho, ill bassline & good decision to go with the slow/double time tempo, I can bounce to that! I'm not a massive fan of drum rolls in Hip Hop beats either 2Good, but I think Mac used some good drum sounds to stop it being generic.

I think these are versions 5 and 6...lol..and well I don't mess with house cus I never get it right but it was worth a try...Thanks for listening..

Macnadabox - Hip Hop - OK, Ima tell you why this works for me. 1st Impression tells me that the vocals are so off key with the song that this can't work BUT then I hear the way you twisted everything and surprisingly, it all comes together imo. incorporating the toms in this was hot. Very creative beat! and sometimes creativity is that it takes. I dig this.

House - I didn't even listen to it because I HATE HOUSE music! lol, sorry but you would have gotten a totally biased feedback from the jump so I didn't even click on it. Just being honest =).

Hahahaha...I was gonna settle for just the house version, glad I didn't now...lol...Next time I won't lable it :p

macndabox

ill o.g.
Feedback to the Feedback

! Deleted a double post..internet is fuckin up!!! Damm you timewarner cable!!

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Well..I think this is quite cool sir...Wondering if you chop samples or just loop on turn tables cus I could hear the overlap? I gotta get some turntables...anywho...I had to go back and find the wobble sound..lol...I didn't know there was a wobble sound...lol...Nice! Always a favorite...

I never loop samples on the decks, but I do use the decks on top of the samples which might explain the overlap. Not a bad idea though, maybe i'll try that one day =).

The wobble sound just worked for me, I had to incorporate it in the beat. I was surprised that nobody else used it. Thanks for the luv everybody.

The wobble sound just worked for me, I had to incorporate it in the beat. I was surprised that nobody else used it. Thanks for the luv everybody.

It worked for me too, I just couldnt get it to WORK FOR ME, lol

@mac, im glad you thought it sounded crisp, i thought I lost a lot of the sample in my mix and I only spent 5 mins mixing it, I will definitely put some more work into it, after listening to it again i noticed a few bass notes were off timing wise. Maybe I can get it finished before the thread closes.
As for tempos, I go with whatever now, even up to 120 bpm, just listen to Pete Rock & Cl Smooth - The Creator, that track is very fast and dope as fuck.

Visceral

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Thanks to everyone who gave me feedback, really helped to break me out of a production ice age! Got some new beats cooking for the next showcase now.

And yo 2good that track is class, a lot of people forgot about those fast Hip Hop tracks! (Apart from grime/double time). Another fast rap classic:

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Here's my flip I been jammin to this, thanks for the sample http://soundcloud.com/ferretpinto/away

Uhh.. This is dope.

Yes yes,
Thanks for the sample Dacalion, not made a beat for ages so this was my 1st port of call for some inspiration.

Ferret: really nice mellow beat, all gels together well. Especially like how you've made the vocal part of the beat, an MC could bounce off that - like how in some tracks where they have a conversation with the beat - 2 examples I can think of are "Speak Softly" by Marco Polo/Jojo Pellegrino & "Hold U Down" by Alchemist. Anyways I digress, great job.

Here's my take on it, it's called "Reality Check", feedback much appreciated, cheers:
http://www.soundclick.com/visceralhiphop

Liked when it flipped, liked the sampling part with the hiphop records, hated the "space drum" though some will love it lol./

It worked for me too, I just couldnt get it to WORK FOR ME, lol

@mac, im glad you thought it sounded crisp, i thought I lost a lot of the sample in my mix and I only spent 5 mins mixing it, I will definitely put some more work into it, after listening to it again i noticed a few bass notes were off timing wise. Maybe I can get it finished before the thread closes.
As for tempos, I go with whatever now, even up to 120 bpm, just listen to Pete Rock & Cl Smooth - The Creator, that track is very fast and dope as fuck.
YouTube - Pete Rock & CL Smooth - The Creator

CL smooth is a hero of mine.. They were classic at that time.. Great post real hiphop.

Thanks to everyone who gave me feedback, really helped to break me out of a production ice age! Got some new beats cooking for the next showcase now.

And yo 2good that track is class, a lot of people forgot about those fast Hip Hop tracks! (Apart from grime/double time). Another fast rap classic: YouTube - Percee P & Ekim - Lung Collapsing Lyrics (1992)

See now .. These young cats aint doing that, but its very dope..
Nice track never herad it before .. Stone me. Loved the experience of riding it.
This is classic dope ass shit. Ultramagnetic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNZfnLh8T2U&feature=player_embedded#at=27
lol

Visceral

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Liked when it flipped, liked the sampling part with the hiphop records, hated the "space drum" though some will love it lol./

Thanks for the feedback pal, by space drum do you mean the "whoo" sound? I hate that myself to be honest but had a hard time trying to filter it out! If that's the sound you mean, I'm with you 100%. Anyone else get that problem, where there's one sound in a sample you can't get rid of? That friggin' "whoo" seemed to show up in every frequency!

And yeah, Cenobites were classic.

macndabox

ill o.g.
Thanks for the feedback pal, by space drum do you mean the "whoo" sound? I hate that myself to be honest but had a hard time trying to filter it out! If that's the sound you mean, I'm with you 100%. Anyone else get that problem, where there's one sound in a sample you can't get rid of? That friggin' "whoo" seemed to show up in every frequency!

And yeah, Cenobites were classic.

Maybe try chopping it out and stretching or looping a small sample next to it to fill that gap...I sometimes do that, chop a 1/4 or an 1/8 and used the 1/4 or 1/8 to the left of it...

Visceral

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Maybe try chopping it out and stretching or looping a small sample next to it to fill that gap...I sometimes do that, chop a 1/4 or an 1/8 and used the 1/4 or 1/8 to the left of it...

Yeah good advice, guess you gotta be really precise if you wanna start editing little sounds out, cheers. In the bass sample I used there was a kick drum clashing with my snare, so I put a little volume envelope on it & faded it in. Think I was too lazy to deal with the space drum, haha.

macndabox

ill o.g.
hahaha I gotcha!

To upload click on Profile, then click More Music and you will see the Upload tab =)

Yeah...I have zero options on here...guess you have to be a super member to upload music and post pictures to profiles...lol...Oh well...I tried...

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Yeah that may only come with a premium membership like VIP, which I highly recommend to ALL true illmuzik members. It's not that expensive and it pays for itself over and over again. Without going into details...I can't stress it enough...you cats are missing out on some good ish, but I will tell you this...there are plenty of VIP members but I alone have made enough available in the past few months that would pay for your membership 2 or 3 times. Real talk! Join and see for yourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.