Are you serious?

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PHILharmonic

The majority of musicians/producers/etc. out there are just that... we must understand that the music business industry has a structure that must be contended with whether or not we agree with all of its practices... do some knowledge on the industry; peep out the current changes politically/legislative wise, socio-economically, etc. It will only benefit you in the end. We've all heard of the countless stories of the types of corruption that have happened in this industry. And more importantly, a lot of us have probably been on the 'shafting' end of those situations. Major changes are unfolding everday in the music industry. And the majority of them benefit and will benefit those of us that have that independent/entrepreneurial spirit. Utilize as many tools as you can and arm yourself. There's a lot of shady cats out there. And whatever you do it for,whether it be strictly for love or strictly for the money or anything in between, represent what you feel and don't be two-faced about. STAY POSITIVE.

E

EXEL THE BRAIN

I'M STARTING TO GET MORE SERIOUS WITH MY PRODUCTION AND WHAT NOT.............................. STARTIN TO SHOP MY SHIT OUT TO PEOPLE

O

OneNineBlock

im serious bou tmy shit cuz i come out ill i come correct and come out fresher than most cats...and i love hip hop...hip hop is a lifestyle that i live, i would die witout it and i juss love smokin a blunt and producing a beat for tha lvoe of hip hop

D

dutchbeats

Re: yeah

Originally posted by Fade

I feel you on what you said about doing something you love doing, but for some people there comes a time when a decision must be made. I'm not getting any younger and I've been struggling for the last while and I'm fed up. Trying to decide what's best for me, y'know?

why not do both?

when I finish uni Im gonna get a nice 9-5 with good career prospects and no stress (which means ill have to compromise on the pay)

I have til then to make it as a producer...but even if i dont, i can work my 9-5, continue to improve and use the extra cash to buy equipment...why not do both? producing is something u can do whenever, night and day, light or dark, happy or sad... my advice whatever you do is:

DONT STOP PRODUCING

patience is something we will all not have enough of at some point, but its a very underrated commodity in an industry thats this tough to break in

look at preem/neptunes/dre... u only break in after yrs and yrs of getting fuked around mate

patience, patience, patience, write that down now :)

..am hungry ....peace

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Addicted

Making trax is addictive, it can actually be a compulsive obsession, I identify with the cat that is late to work making beats...that is so funny....but I have been trying to get in for awhile but if I don't make it at least I can say I tried......the thing is on about every block there has to be at least 5 people that call themselves producers.....and the wackest one will sell the most beats....LOL

J

joblack00

Yo fade... I feel most of what you say man...Making beats is a rush for me and the playback iz you I can't believe I just laced this joint...which rappero ut today wouldn't want to spit on this beat and for those how ever many seconds your beat sequence lasts you are the illest nigga you know straihgt up... and you areo nly as nice as seconds of beats you got made....

I mean don't be no broke or homeless nigga...making it big is kinda like an ultimate test but you got to have money to support yourself....

I think I am in the best industry which is writing and journalism which allows me to keep myself near music and could possibly allow me to be around it even more when I get out of school and the economy gets better...

I just want to make some money off all this without the bullshit and I get kinda jeaouls of cats like Alchemist who is 22 and makes bangrs for a living and been practicing since like 16...at 20 I feel like I am getting a late start and he is like 100 years ahead of me... but that only makes me work harder... cuz I got to catch up to that skill level and the fame stuff will come if I want it...

for most my life I been a real lucky dude with some of the breaks I get....so I know if i get my game up to that all star level I could get the connects and get on somebodies album....

look like a guy like Battlecat...now he aint as nice as Dre or as famous but he has his own style does beats does what he wants and people respect him...

I would rather have my own stlye and cats respect me and let the fame or whatever come...

for now the adrenaline rush is good even though i still bel ike yo what if my beat was in heavy rotatin like Dre or Neptunes...

But yo that broke shit isnt for me I will take a job somewhere...I am an adult and I got to pay rent to I need to work as much as I hate it...making beats keeps me sane for the moment...

I am very much a believer in the renaissance man that can do it all so I don't like focussing all my energy in one place and when making beats becomes work and I am stressing I know I aint doiny my best work so I fuck with some writing for a while and try and get stronger in that...or read a good book then try to come back... you know... basically you got to pursue what you like which should be more than one thing... I knwo some of yawl are excellent programers well don't give that up to make beats...maximize your cability to get paid more in different areans and if it means you got to work that CRAP 9-5 WHERE YOU WANNA FUCK HALF OF THE FEMALE COWORKERS ON YOUR LUNCH BREAK AND GET HEAD FROM YOUR SUPERVISOR THEN TOUGH IT OUT FOR THAT NEW MPC OR KEYBOARD----YA HEARD

MadScientist

Geniuz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
This music industry is so messed up with politics that it sometimes makes me wonder if I really want to be a producer. Once you do something you like as a career you wont like it anymore because a demand for your work stops you from being creative and now your under the gun to make something hot.:suicide:

C

Copenhagen

That's how it is if you want to make it big...but I'd rather be stuck behind a mixer thinking it was a drag and be wealthy than having my crap 9-5 being stuck behind a computer with numbers on it...

JP hardboiled

Find Your Fight
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 297
i think everyone want's to make it..just matters how much you want it and how much you'll sacrifice...i know i'd like too

Status
Not open for further replies.