Are you serious?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Copenhagen

I do it for one main reason...PUSSY, PUSSY, PUSSY...I'd sell my tracks for just plain pussy...:D :D :D :D :D !!!

I do it for the love of it, but my current 9 to 5 at an insurance co. isn't how I want to end my days. So, of course I want to make money of my beats...not necessarily millions (not that I'd mind) but the same pay as I'm making now would be enough...just so I can keep living and spend every hour making beats.

JPeg

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
why do i do this? well its probably a waste of time cause there around 10 million up and comming producers/rappers and only around 100 will be successful and get fame and money.
Plus an aditional 200 will be able to scrape a living which leaves alot of mother fuckers out in the cold.

I dont anticipate being famous or rich from hip hop cause when i look at the peeps that make music that i like, they aint that popular so im just tryna get to a good level of music quality sell a few copies hand to hand and travel and meet peeps and chicks who is on a similar vibe.

thats all

JPeg

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
music is a creative outlet that gives me energy to do other things in life, im a keep questing in other areas to make money so that i can just work part-time and make music and have fun the rest of the time.

D

DJ Equity

musicis something i felt close to all my life i always new i wanted to do something with it and making my own music fits so perfectly into my life . making music makes me feel like i have acomplished something it lets me express my views through lyrical content and sound wich i can pass on to others so that they can enjoy it ,hate it, learn from it and empithise with it.

Eq

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Ummmm, well I love music, plain and simple. At first I got interested in the technical side of it (I still am), but now I love making music. Right now I'm doing it as a hobby, if one day something comes of it, then great. If I never become a big-time producer, that's fine because it doesn't mean I'm gonna stop producing.

There's nothing that beats the feeling of making music, then playing it back and saying "Yo I can't believe I did this". It's an awesome feeling and I know you all know what I'm talking about.

M

metrosoul

Man i'm just doing this for fun, and for the love of good music.

M

Millenium

Ayo Fade Ease Up On Yourself

Who said you can't be a responsible tax paying citizen in the day time and a hip hop guru getting paid major loot at night! seriously son I've been at this for a long time, but in the past couple years got professionally serious enough to devout my time to this art! You have to weigh your life on a scale! If hip hop weighs more than something else then chuck the something else and stick with hip hop eventually you'll put everything in the right perspective and hopefully you'll see your true calling!
I know one thing! I haven't got bored of perfecting my craft! I know it's time consuming, but this makes me feel better than fucking off and doing some dumb shit like getting in trouble! I sit in front of my gear and make beats for my lyrics and nothing except my family makes me happier! Family and music! If were meant to be pro's at this them somewhere down the line someone is gonna feel what were doing! If they dont oh well! That's just fate! Keep Your Head Up! Take care of priority number one which is your living and after that comes audio! Peace

K

klethusrulez

do it for tha love of it!!
I know muisicians that will never become famous or sell a million records and they dropped like 30 albums of original music and still innovate at what they do!
Makin'it is not get 40 million bucks every year ,it is just makin' it!!
are you a writer only when you write a best seller or a paintor if your shit is in a museum i don't think so!!Do your thing and if it works it'a plus but if it doesn't then what a f....!! keep on doin' it
to finish whit that (i know it gets a lil' boring and shit :)) peeps like van gogh never got props when they were alive!!!Does dat mean dat they weren't good at that time???

capkom

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
I LOVE MAKIN BEATS. I LOVE MONEY. I LOVE COMPETITION. I AM DEAD SERIOUS ABOUT MAKIN IT IN THIS INDUSTRY. SOME STORIES ABOUT PRODUCERS( SWIZZ) PEOPLE WERE JUST LUCKY, BUT MOST OTHERS JUST WORKED HARD ENOUGH TO REACH THEIR GOAL. MAKIN BEATS AND GETTING YOUR SKILL UP IS NECESSARY, BUT YOU GOTTA GET IT INTO THE RIGHT HANDS, WHATEVER IT TAKES. YOU CAN'T LET HATERS DISCOURAGE YOU, NO MATTER WHO THEY ARE. IF RUSSELL SIMMONS TOLD ME MY BEATS WERE GARBAGE I WOULD LAUGH AT HIM, MAKE A NEW ONE AND BE BACK IN HIS FACE WITHIN A WEEK. I'M GONNA MAKE IT. I'LL PROLLY SPONSOR THE SITE TOO CUZ I LOVE IT. REMEMBER THE NAME, YOU'LL SEE IT IN THE CREDITS SOON!

R

Rip

i've just reached a level where i can pay rent with beats, so im trying to keep on the progression. and o yea
been loving this since day 1!
trying to scrape by still but enjoying it mostly..but when the deadlines and pressure to make 'heat to eat' comes in thats where it can be a real battle between creativity and politicking.

joeburnem

Beat Enthusiast
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 100
This beat makin' thing is just in me. It 's something that I just
can't
escape. In a fucked up way I kinda want to keep it a hobby. The money could turn the "love of my life" to shit.

B

BoogieMan

20 years in and still going strong. The idea is not to give up. I briefly tasted fame back in 87 to 90 when I was makin noise out here as a DJ and putting out some bass tracks. People was feelin my shit, especially a track called 'Low Riding Bass'. I got mad fame for that one. But over the years since then things just werent falling into place for me and I started drifting more and more away from this thing called Hip Hop. while not totally out of it, I just wasn't in touch with it as much as I used to be. I dont know, maybe it's because Im getting older and real life issues are taking presidence over it. The fact that not getting paid for DJing gigs and doing free tracks just to get my name out there again wasn't paying the bills. I think it's more of the issue of when you get older you start to realize the difference between the shit that you love to do and the shit that you have to do. I was just about to give up on things, I even had all of my equipment, records, tables.. everything, for sale at one time. I was simply burnt out and didnt feel like it anymore. But then I met a kid named Scott Storch (Ever heard of him?) and after seeing how he's living for doing the same damn thing I want to do, I got a whole new inspiration for it again and the beats have just been flowing like mad.

The point is, don't give up. If you can conceive it, then you can achieve it.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
i can honestly say i do this for the love because while i dont make much- 12.50 an hour with mad bills and other obligations, i am fortunate to have a job that i love (hey i wound up hooking up with my bosses daughter- how cool is that? talk about benefits!) doing. at the same time, if it comes a point that i am 30 years old (i am 22 now) and still recording my tracks on my little Korg Toneworks PXR4 and still dont understand how the hell to get my mpc to sequence via midi (really..... anyone got any pointers?) .... i would peace out on it.... RIP, and sell my gear to some kid with better skills than myself. there is no point doing this if you dont wind up getting paid, because A- how many of us have the money to throw away on expensive equipment, even if it is used? B, how many sleepless nights have we all spent on one freakin song and went to work dead tired and waiting to get home and realize that we didnt save a few parts? most producers that are "coming up" sacrifice a whole hell of a lot to not get paid.
C, and lastly YOU HAVE TO LIVE, ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE LIKE SOME OF US WITH SOME VERY REAL RESPONSABILITIES. but if this is ALL about getting paid to you, well that is your own personal choice and all but i think that your priorities need to be rearranged if that is all you are in this for. Statisticly, a great deal of us wont take this to that elite level where we are making money worth the effort and it is a sad truth that some of us wasted chances we may have had with other things to do something we might not have been meant to do to begin with. the bottom line here is that God is control of your ultimate destination and without him none of us would be in a position to do anything.......... i hope that doesnt offend anyone; but this is how i live my life, and there is very real security in that. peace...

B

BoogieMan

Well, if and when you turn 30 and still record on that Korg I'd say, 1. it's time to find a higher paying job or reduce your bills, and 2. You really know how to maintain a piece of equipment! :)

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
Amen! thats the truth. no, this is just a little season..... i actually have a few rsources right now. it is just a matter ofthe right time. i do have other things that take precedance over this so itll be a minute.

fame_keyz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
The truth is th lord has shown me a lot of signs that i have it but as of late i just felt its not my time and one might say im lazy or not hungry....i just got done spending my whole fall and winter buying close to 7 gee's of equipment and i treat my stuff like my girl of 4 years i really dont touch it much or use it alot right now.....but i know right now im just burnt out from spending my last red cent on all this stuff and just want to spend some money on me get drunk maybe high and fuck with some holes or something first......back when i had my old stuff i was told that i was making million dollar beats on 5 dollar equipment.....so i just said i need to get what i need to just be making million dollar beats....the reason i know im gona make it is just because up to this point every time life or someone told me i couldnt do something once i set my mind to it i did it and to get my name poppin is nothing and to get money from it will be nothing to me....i do this for the kids on the block to see you must go hard and something and just because you may or may not make it dont mean you never made it cause if you never try you never gave it a chance to know......

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Lets all be realistic ........We all love this shit or else we wouldn't be talking about it like this or doing it........I love a lot of things like football baseball and writting and if the opprotunity came a long for me to make money off of any one I'd jump at the chance to do so..........Do yall think Jordan played ball just because it was something that he could do and didn't even like the sport but saw he could make money doing it? We all must understand that there is no job better than what you're good at .To get payed for something you love to do is what everybody wants.....Strippers don't shake they ass to pay the bills?No them broads love the attention they get from men so they figure why not get money for what I love to do and we must all know that if the rap game is a pimp we all dying to get out on that track and get that money!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.