Aretha Franklin - "Day Dreaming"

18thDynasty

Hip Hop Advocate
Battle Points: 39
Alright here's my flip. I couldn't get much from it so I grabbed a few parts and built a lot around it:

Nothing here yet.
I was having the same issue. I deleted the track I started out of frustration. I am going to revisit the sample with a fresh set of ears. Struggles of a creator/beat maker LOL...

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I was having the same issue. I deleted the track I started out of frustration. I am going to revisit the sample with a fresh set of ears. Struggles of a creator/beat maker LOL...
Yeah that's it. At first I just wanted to grab the beginning but the sound builds up so I didn't like it. Then the rest, it's hard. I thought of also just taking a part as a loop and adding a low pass, to use it as a bassline, then throw some of her vocals here and there.

It's tough challenge but it actually made me re-think stuff and try many things.

crog85

Back to the Grind...
Battle Points: 815
@.calm Yea... Wasn't really expecting to take this route, but it's where the sample wanted to go... Didn't notice you had uploaded when I posted...

I think you're beat could be something... Chops are just a lil too "choppy" for me, but those drums with the piano sound good, maybe try finding a few different chops to blend with it... It definitely has potential tho, wish it was longer...

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
@.calm Thanks. For yours, I like where you're going with it. I like the piano in it, is that from the sample? I can't remember. I wanted to add piano to mine but couldn't find anything good.

@crog85 Yeah you're always telling me to spice up my drums! It's cool though, I just get lazy sometimes but I've been trying to add more when I'm in the mood. I like yours, that's a very smooth flip. I can't hear on my shitty speakers right now but is that the background from the beginning of the song? It sounds like it all through yours.

crog85

Back to the Grind...
Battle Points: 815
@crog85 I can't hear on my shitty speakers right now but is that the background from the beginning of the song? It sounds like it all through yours.

Yea, thats the intro of the song going all the way thru... i actually made a loop outta the intro, reversed it and layered them together, then blended with this harp synth and some atmospheric electric guitar... i like the eerie sound of the intro and outro of the song, but just wanted to make it a lil more “my own” by adding some sounds...

.calm

@.calm Thanks. For yours, I like where you're going with it. I like the piano in it, is that from the sample? I can't remember. I wanted to add piano to mine but couldn't find anything good.

@crog85 Yeah you're always telling me to spice up my drums! It's cool though, I just get lazy sometimes but I've been trying to add more when I'm in the mood. I like yours, that's a very smooth flip. I can't hear on my shitty speakers right now but is that the background from the beginning of the song? It sounds like it all through yours.

I have some piano chop from it but nothing really to work with. so I used keyscape and key pressin. thanks for the listen.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Tough flip. I tried to do something with the chops. This type of challenge will only help one to improve.
That's the thing - it's tough but challenging which just helps us up our skills!

Your flip is nice and smooth. It would have been nice with a bit of her vocals on it but still I like it! It's got such a chill vibe...