arranging tips?

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Nice avatar there mantas, well I like to use a crash on every8 bars and a roll or drum break every 16.
Just a very simple way to break it up and help with transitions along with whatever other breaks you are going to do.
there will be people after me that prolly write paragraph after paragraph with good ideas but thats as simple as I can think of...

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 152
transitioning from one bar to the other u can do all sorts of shit, drum rolls, reverse snare, atmosphere sounds like planes flying, machine guns, anything that sounds like its building up for something, using stuff like thunder or expolisions for when the drop comes in gives it more of an impact, gunshots, its all about positioning and timing

obviously not just effects, structure your drums so the tuning on em gives a sound that builds up, change the velocity on em so they get louder and louder as it's about to change into the nex bar, like somethign is coming, or something is falling.. something is gonna hit hard...

flip the instruments in different ways near the end of the bar, add extra instruments...

stuttering that shit before the end of the bar (...........) (...........) (............) (. . . .) POW

get creative on that shit

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 198
there is mad stuff for transitions.. drop the last snare on the last bar where you want that transition.. or replace it with a kick, or drop out part of the melody, drop out part of the bassline, anything. drop the hihats, maybe filter something out.

maybe a reverse cymbal that leads into an actual cymbal crashing right there at that transiton. Add some good reverb and some delay to those cymbals.., smooth as hell. Make that build up more intense melody wise and add some change up in the drums. It adds to that intensity and builds up momentum.

Be creative about it though, dont follow these suggestions as the only way to transition. I make up my own and try to be unique in them, but something that really sounds great with the song. I can at least say my transitions are good enough for a number of beatmakers to bite my style lol... not that happy about that either, but what can you do.

Experiment though.