As if Haiti wasn't in bad shape already...

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/americas/01/13/haiti.earthquake/index.html

Say a prayer for our brothers and sisters in Haiti.... Doesn't look good for those poor people........don't think people are ready to hear the death toll numbers....

Funny how a country so close to the US can be so poor....one of the poorest nations in the world......It's unbelievable how poor they are......storms kill thousands at a time....unheard of statistics...now this.....

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
Sad to hear the news... Haiti is one of those incredibly sad cases of an ultimately repressive government and basically no natural resources to speak of. I did a study on it in university regarding urban planning, and basically, it would take a miracle to bring that country off its feet. My aunt lived in Haiti for years and wrote a book concerning it if you are interested.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Haiti-Duvaliers-Legacy-Elizabeth-Abbott/dp/0671686208"]Amazon.com: Haiti: The Duvaliers & Their Legacy (9780671686208): Elizabeth Abbott: Books[/ame]

It highlights the governing regime of the Duvaliers.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Yeah, you would think that they would get help before the fact but Obama was quick to come to their aide which was definitely a good look. We can also text "Haiti" to 90999 to make a $10 donation that will be charged to your phone bill.

dac

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
If you want to donate to the Red Cross through your cell phone, Text "Haiti" to 90999. Donations are $10 and would be applied to your cell phone bill....Although I really don't have the money right now, I donated.

booya_nang

A breath of fre$h air!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 76
It's really sad to see something like this happen to any nation, let alone a nation suffering from so much poverty....I pray the people get the help they need and deserve through other nations and charities

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
This is sad...

Pat Robertson (that jackass that hosts the 700 Club) says that Haitian people "deserve" what they got, "they made a deal with the devil".

Here is an insert from www.state.gov speaking on religion in Haiti...

A U.N. Population Fund census released in May 2006 (based on 2003 data) revealed the following religious demographics: 54.7 percent of the population was Roman Catholic, 15.4 percent was Baptist, 7.9 percent Pentecostal, 3 percent Adventist, 2.1 percent voodoo (vodun), 1.5 percent Methodist, 0.7 percent Episcopalian, 0.5 percent Jehovah's Witnesses, 0.07 percent Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormons), 0.02 percent Muslim, and 0.4 percent other religious affiliation; 10.2 percent reported they followed no religion. Census data did not account for the remaining 3.51 percent of the population.

And this guy is supposed to be a christian.

dac

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
I say, cut out the man's tongue, that way we don't have to hear anything from his foul mouth again.

I was watching the news, and I really can't believe how idiotic news reporters are. One of them asked an aid worker "Is there a lot of work to be done?" I mean honestly, the whole bloody country was leveled! What does he expect the guy to say? "Ya it's pretty good, it might take a week or two to rebuild" I really can't stand seeing that kind of shit.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Wow.....Religious fanaticism is awesome.

The "blessing" can mean that the country can now build stronger structures.....But if the country is broke...how can they do so?

That guy is a fucking prick....I hope he dies soon. And I mean that seriously.

7thangel

7th Angel of Armageddon
ill o.g.
my heart goes out to the people of Haiti, their fam and those that were there and were also caught up in this natural disaster.

as for a deal with the devil, that would have been Haiti agreeing to pay france reparations for freeing themselves from slavery and colonialism that finally ended in 1947. the other one would be dealing with devilish unfair organizations like the imf.

i don't expect much from a man that blamed Katrina on abortion and a slow painful long death from ass cancer combined with flesh eating disease would still be much too good for him. same goes for that fat pill popping asshat limbuagh.

the bullshit thing, besides that chick doing her usual shucking and jivng, is people will still donate to his organization thinking it's separate from him and his followers and he'll make another statement like this once again (this is like his third or fourth of this type) with no real consequences.

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26

First, I never heard of that school...
Second, great way to show support and awareness...

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
The whole situation really made me appreciate what family I do have and the BS I go through. shit was crazy not to mention teddy Pendergrass. Its been a wild few years, and too many RIP's. I count my losses as blessings now.

LouBez

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yall should look at the book "Confessions of an Ecconomic Hitman"....lotta good stuff in there about haiti

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
So I was doing this thing on a local internet video show...I'm planning on selling one of my beats to a local artist...and actually giving him free time to record his/her track....And with that...all the proceeds are going to help those in Haiti....

Producers in here...ya should do that...no money out of your pocket...and you can sell one of your throwaways to a local/starving artist..no matter how talented...

members online