asr x pro?

BeAtArKiTeK

"Only God Can Judge Me"
ill o.g.
anybody own this? im thinking of buying this instead of the mpc..any feedback will be apprecited thanks

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
yo, thats a good peice man... My boy had one back in the day and it worked nice.. Its a real slept on peice of equipment... But, i really had no expereince on it, just heard about it alot...

mercurywaters

hip hop in the flesh
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
definitely a slept on piece. it can do anything an mpc 2000xl can do for the most part. just don't plan on performing with it live. the sequencer has a tendency to skip when editing while playing. it has great filters, the resample function is a life saver, great effects. easy to use. has some decent tweakable built in sounds. i think thats about it

D

DaFunkDocta2004

It's a good machine. And I know two cats that perform with it live. They don't use the sequencer at all for live shows. Or in their labs, for that fact. They do all their sequencing on computers. The presets were a lot deeper than I expected, too.

nas2000xl

The Ripper
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
i bought the asr x pro when it first came out. and i can tell you that it served its purpose. like merc said the filters are fabulous and the resampler is one of its key features. you can also install different modules into it to expand your sound library. (check EMU website) it can imatate the mpc as far as some settings. now i owned the asr x for a couple of years before i bought the mpc. the mpc sequencer is way better than the asr x. and the sampling engine on the mpc sounds better than the asr x. one thing i loved about the asr x though is that when i sampled a peice and then wanted to play keys or guitar over the sample i could run the sequencer and sample at the same time. you can`t do that with the mpc. also if you wanted to check out a sample in reverse you can do it while playing the sequence. damn i miss that! (lol) if you do buy the asr x pro make sure you get the manuals and keep in mind that there is no longer no support for that machine.

dfine

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
It's real tight i have the black one with urban dance card. I use an RM1X to sequence it.

members online