Assigning midi tracks to Mixer channels

jstoddart

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
when i import a midi file i cant seem to be able to allocate the midi tracks to individual Mixer channels ... fl automatically creates LSD plugin on mixer insert 1 and selected channels cannot be assigned to the empty tracks .. what do i do????

jstoddart

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
hi dac ... its not midi input giving me the headache .. its midi files .. let me explain from scratch .. file->import midi file .. i import a midi file ... i split channels by track .. i now have all the midi tracks in my playlist .. when i try assign each track to a mixer channel nothing happens .. i just get output on my master channel .. and the 1st channel containing fruity LSD ...

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
Thats because midi isnt audio so it will never be assigned to the mixer track. You should sent midi out to your gear and setup inputs on the mixer so you can record audio-out from your midi devices to your interface's inputs.

Thats because midi isnt audio so it will never be assigned to the mixer track. You should sent midi out to your gear and setup inputs on the mixer so you can record audio-out from your midi devices to your interface's inputs.

Haha, was going to say the same thing but you got there first.
Assign the midi track to an instrument, internal or external, then assign the instrument to a mixer track.

members online