AT&T and T-Mobile getting married...

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Yeah...CDMA kinda restricts you..... GSM is a lot more friendly in terms of the users......GSM is more worldwide accepted than CDMA. Things happen with SIM cards often, and need to be replaced...

Doesn't really cripple features....just harder to move over contacts and swap devices....other than that, it's pretty similar......

That and when you buy a phone from another person, you gotta call to make sure it's not locked......whereas you just swap sim cards for GSM devices...

Well...here in the states for example:

AT&T for smartphones $15 for 200MB of data $25 for 2GB of data and $10-$15 for unlimited data for non-smartphone devices

Sprint is unlimited data with all phones with particular plan with a $10 premium for smartphones.

I believe Verizon still has an unlimited plan available for $30 per month per smartphone

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
I guess its just the network then that cripples the phone features cuz it seems like Verizon in particular make a lot of restrictions on their phones. I remember it took mad long just to get a phone that allowed open access to bluetooth for file transfers. I think they kept it that way as long as they could cuz it forced you to buy everything through their network....as soon as they offered that feature I was able to at least send mp3s to my phone for ring tones.