Attack of the Beats! - Battle #192

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
1st Attack of the Beats, 1st win!!!
Even got a special 'arrite arrite arrite'!

2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 1st - on pretty hot form right now!

Gonna go check out my shiny new badge! In the words of Ice Cube, today was a good day! :micdrop:

ice cube notes GIF

@BarJudah i didn't think you were too far from having a good drum track-definitely could've been pumped up though yeah-literally just section off each pattern at a time and adjust until its poppin'. Good advice from @Fade though.

@BeatsBySpur really liked it. the bass-you could have featured a bit more with a few more key ups and downs etc. (for my taste like)-nice work

@Iron Keys how wounded are you not to be doing these beats back in the hey day of the west coast! lol, this is awesome and regurgitated the spirit of nate dogg right in my face. it's really good dude, would be interesting to hear a bit of swing and shuffle on the hi hats but that's not a criticism-more how i'd be tempted to evolve the style a bit

@seanm.music this is beautiful-loved the switch up with the guitar srums and the keyboard-you can tell i'm the worst to critique stuff but i feel i need to say something! Really liked, needless to say i could imagine d'angelo etc. I agree with fade about the chords.

@skidflow again this was cool-but i felt the horns stuck out and bit like the sound of them didn't really fit, and the break in the back could've been a bit louder

nice work boys!

sorry i missed out on this. apologies further, could i hijack this and request some suggestions on this? i'm due in the studio on Friday-the rapper enjoys it, i need to master it.... but i think it's not even finished so any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

1st Attack of the Beats, 1st win!!!
Even got a special 'arrite arrite arrite'!

2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 1st - on pretty hot form right now!

Gonna go check out my shiny new badge! In the words of Ice Cube, today was a good day! :micdrop:

ice cube notes GIF
well done homeboy! you takin' the caddie for a spin to celebrate?? lovely-see you in the warzone perhaps?
btw, is it 4 beat mandatory(the warzone that is)? i feel like it should be ;)

seanm.music

Battle Points: 3
@BarJudah i didn't think you were too far from having a good drum track-definitely could've been pumped up though yeah-literally just section off each pattern at a time and adjust until its poppin'. Good advice from @Fade though.

@BeatsBySpur really liked it. the bass-you could have featured a bit more with a few more key ups and downs etc. (for my taste like)-nice work

@Iron Keys how wounded are you not to be doing these beats back in the hey day of the west coast! lol, this is awesome and regurgitated the spirit of nate dogg right in my face. it's really good dude, would be interesting to hear a bit of swing and shuffle on the hi hats but that's not a criticism-more how i'd be tempted to evolve the style a bit

@seanm.music this is beautiful-loved the switch up with the guitar srums and the keyboard-you can tell i'm the worst to critique stuff but i feel i need to say something! Really liked, needless to say i could imagine d'angelo etc. I agree with fade about the chords.

@skidflow again this was cool-but i felt the horns stuck out and bit like the sound of them didn't really fit, and the break in the back could've been a bit louder

nice work boys!

sorry i missed out on this. apologies further, could i hijack this and request some suggestions on this? i'm due in the studio on Friday-the rapper enjoys it, i need to master it.... but i think it's not even finished so any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for the feedback @nottr was trying to write something similar to These Walls by Kendrick

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Keep it up, u hot right now!!

That's the plan, my guy!!!

@Iron Keys @seanm.music beautiful pieces of art. How the hell did you get the bassline to move like that? Did you guys play it live with an actual bass guitar? Anywho, dope work and congratulations on the win iron keys!!!

I played it in on midi keyboard!
I may be right in saying, @seanm.music did the same, as I asked him the same thing about his recent Beat This entry!

seanm.music

@Iron Keys @seanm.music beautiful pieces of art. How the hell did you get the bassline to move like that? Did you guys play it live with an actual bass guitar? Anywho, dope work and congratulations on the win iron keys!!!
Mine was played on keys. It's NI Scarbee P-Bass. I try to play bass guitar when the line isn't too complicated otherwise I either play it on my midi keys or program it in.

seanm.music

That's the plan, my guy!!!

I played it in on midi keyboard!
I may be right in saying, @seanm.music did the same, as I asked him the same thing about his recent Beat This entry!
Yeah that's right. It's the same plug in but through a different amp sim. I sometimes play bass but those last two beats have complicated bass parts so prefer to use a keyboard.

members online