Attention ALL illmuzik.com members...

pancakebunnny

needs more fartnoise
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
Attention illmuzik.com addicts:

I'm going to try to spice up the site in some aspects for Fade, but I need some input from alll members. I think one thing that we could improve on here at illmuzik is the continuity of the site design... Don't get me wrong, the consistancy here is better than most sites... but that's because 80% of this site is Forum-based. The BeatThis and BattleThat segments are all parts of the site as well... and I think we need to unify the design of them...which leads to... a logo.

I'm doing my thing, but who else has ideas, suggestions, feedback, etc... for an illmuzik.com logo? All members are invited to participate.

Oh... one suggestion.... please, no played-out "grafitti" fonts... the exploitation of that has made grafitti seem more of a novelty than anything. Look at the wal-mart hip hop shirts....

Things to Consider When Designing Your Logo.

A well-designed logo goes a long way in reminding your visitors who you are and what you do. Different from plain text, a logo usually triggers memories in your visitors and works as your brand name identifier.

Types of Logos

Text Only: Logos can simply be text presented to convey a company's image. Consideration should be given to color, tilt, texture and clarity in order to convey the message you want to convey about your business.

Graphics and Text: Sometimes combining a graphic or symbol with text helps to convey the image you want to project for your company. Not all graphics have to be so clearly related to a name but may instead infer strength or mobility or another concept entirely. What does that "swish" really have to do with Nike? Yet it is one of the most recognizable symbols today.

Design Considerations

Use of Shape and Color: The use of shapes and colors should take into account the business for which it is created. More conservative business, such as professional offices, financial institutions, etc., would do better to use more subdued colors. Bright colors are more fitting for retail establishments or a business whose market is a more upscale.

Keep It Simple: The reasons for simplicity are many. Practically, there is the costs of reproducing the logo across all media without the necessity of expensive reduction or separation costs. A full-color 3-D logo may look great on your web site, but there is certain sticker shock to a printer's quote to reproduce it in printed material. A well-designed logo will lend itself to black and white printing as well as color printing without losing its detail.

DJ Hoppa

Broken Complex Records
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 50
I'll do one when i get home.

pancakebunnny

needs more fartnoise
ill o.g.
MarkN said:
i thought the illmuzik at the top right hand corner of the page woz the logo lol !

it is... only because it's the only graphic with illmuzik written in it on the site.

how well do you think it would look on a t-shirt? It's the word "illmuzik" written in a special font.

Look at pete rock's afro head with the afro pick... or wu tang's W... or rocafella's R with the bottle...

Icons...

pancakebunnny

needs more fartnoise
ill o.g.
just a preliminary idea....

Attachments

• ill.gif
    ill.gif
    86.9 KB · Views: 129
  • ill2.gif
    ill2.gif
    45.6 KB · Views: 136

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
i woznt feeling any of those too much dantson i prefer wot is there already if its just gonna be the word illmuzik i like wot we have got already obviously if its gonna b sumthing kewl with a pic etc like pete rock's afro or woteva then im up for seeing some ideas !

pancakebunnny

needs more fartnoise
ill o.g.
I gotta get back to work here... my brother would fire me if he saw me doing this shit instead of doing leads...

check this one out. More to come tomorrow..

You know what? This one sucks. nevermind

Attachments

• Untitled-10.gif
    Untitled-10.gif
    85.8 KB · Views: 144

brooklynstyle

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i can come up with some flash banners if u need those...
I think the logo gotta set apart the two words ill and muzik. U can do that by changing fonts. Then u gotta pick something suggesting hip hop and beats like a turntable or something. The wave form suggests music but does not suggest hip hop. It is more like techno, or some other computer type of music.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
brooklynstyle said:
i can come up with some flash banners if u need those...
I think the logo gotta set apart the two words ill and muzik.

Actually I want it as only 1 word. A lot of people write it as 2 but I try to keep it as 1, just being different!

Freakwncy

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 17
FADE it aint BROKE so DONT FIX it.... your whole quest to make a logo is pointles... there are plenty of trademark text out there.... shit the two expensive and most know are Coke Cola... and Hersey's chocolate.... damn... there's tons of them.... and once you're name is trademark no one else in the word can have it but u... as long as you own the trademark.... let the comp. worry about designing logo... ie: Pepsi and 7up.... and work on the overall package and product..... more text logos...

Akai
Numark
Fisher-Price
Technics
CD ( that's a huge one...)(Compact Disc is always spelled out on every cd you buy)
Memorex

most of the stuff in the music industry is light that... it's cheaper in the long run and less worries on color matching and what not.... with text you can make it any color you want as long as the font doesnt change.... and people will still know it's u....

pancakebunnny

needs more fartnoise
ill o.g.
I'm starting to agree that a text-logo seems to be the better method. What sort of icon could we have...a turntable? a microphone? an mpc? all cornass ideas! so yeah, text does work better for what we're doing... but the text we have doesn't demand attention, command respect or imply that we are one of a kind. If we could play on this text only idea, I think we could come up with something successful

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
^^ Hahaha that's crazy! I'm saving that one...

Actually, you're right Freak, what we have now IS good, I just wanted to see what others could come up with, that's all. What we have now really defines the site, the font is perfect and it would be dope on a t-shirt, coffee mug, your gir's panties, etc.

Dantson, I've been using the text we have now for the longest time, the only thing that's changed is the pictures behind it. Where should we go with this now? LOL.

How about you all come up with some cool banner ads for IllMuzik?

members online