**Attention** We need your questions about music licensing

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
WHAT IS THIS?
We're looking for questions from YOU, the IllMuzik members that we're going to submit to Sarah Gavigan (sarahgavigan.com), she's an entrepreneur in the music licensing business for close to 10 years and she'll gladly answer your questions.

WHAT IS THIS FOR?
To educate the masses!

CONCLUSION
Post your questions in this thread ASAP. We will post the answers as soon as we hear back from her.

Thanks.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
Where does an artist just starting out begin getting their work liscened?? Is there any places where the "go to" people meet?

yungboss

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
I am a young producer trying to get my beats out there. What would be the smartest move to make in terms of protecting my beats?

berserk

Monster Music
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Is there a UK equivalent to ASCAP, if so - is it easy to register and is it worth it?

berserk

Monster Music
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
It is relevant but I am looking for questions directed to the music supervisor world. She selects song to put them in ads, movie, games...
sorry if it sounded otherwise. def will send the question to her

all good, here's another one maybe...

Whats the best way to get my stuff into video games?

slightly blatant but I always think my beats would sound banging on some epic RPG shit lol

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
What are the top 5 licensing services used in the field? Taxi, ASCAP, BMI, etc?

What is the best avenue to take to get music licensing?

Is there a specific process and format to submit music for consideration?

eldiablo

KRACK HEAD
ill o.g.
Band A. did some music for the HBO series Eastbound and Down. How much do you think they made off that deal? I want to know about any deals with underground hip hop artists. Product placement like who went with what? Are the buyers actually chopin at the bit sort to say for this genre of music?
thanks
eldia

daproduct

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
when soliciting to individuals who are seeking pieces to use for media, what is the most prominent method of doing so? what are the advantages of doing this in different ways, and what ways might you recommend?
also when preparing a contract for license material, what are the key points that you must cover as a copyright holder?

members online