audio editing sw that supports ASIO

• beat this! voting starts in...

konceptG

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
K... I've been a longtime user of Sound Forge for editing audio, but I've just run into a real issue with it.

I've been using a Digi Audiomedia III as an ASIO device with FL Studio, Cubase SX2, Sonar 4 PE, and on rare occasions Reason. I've finally completed a piece of music and went to pull it into SoundForge 6 only to find that I can't use the AMIII with it because it doesn't support ASIO. Because of that, I'm stuck with monitoring from an old SB Vibra16 card and Paradigm bookshelf speakers because that's all it'll work with.

Does anyone know of an audio editor that DOES support ASIO?

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
konceptG said:
K... I've been a longtime user of Sound Forge for editing audio, but I've just run into a real issue with it.

I've been using a Digi Audiomedia III as an ASIO device with FL Studio, Cubase SX2, Sonar 4 PE, and on rare occasions Reason. I've finally completed a piece of music and went to pull it into SoundForge 6 only to find that I can't use the AMIII with it because it doesn't support ASIO. Because of that, I'm stuck with monitoring from an old SB Vibra16 card and Paradigm bookshelf speakers because that's all it'll work with.

Does anyone know of an audio editor that DOES support ASIO?

I gpot soundforge and it uses asio wit no problem. What version u runnin?

konceptG

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
StressWon said:
I gpot soundforge and it uses asio wit no problem. What version u runnin?

SF6. I never upgraded past that.

edit - never needed this functionality in the past. All of my older audio cards just worked, but they also worked as the system audio card, so I could play games and whatnot through it. This is the first card I can't do that with, so I installed an old ISA SB Vibra16 and ran that out to a second set of speakers.

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Breal

rolls eyes, yes audition 2.0 does.

here is blurb from adobes site

"ASIO, VST, DirectX, and ReWire support

Easily integrate Adobe Audition 2.0 into your workflow, thanks to broad support for industry formats and standards, including ASIO, VST, DirectX, and ReWire."

and here is the link if you still dont believe me

http://www.adobe.com/products/audition/overview2.html

so lets do a little bit of reading next time.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
thedreampolice said:
Breal

Easily integrate Adobe Audition 2.0 into your workflow, thanks to broad support for industry formats and standards, including ASIO, VST, DirectX, and ReWire."

Easy on the attitude, the guy's just trying to help.

breal

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
thedreampolice said:
Breal

You are rite.It was version 1.5 that did not have that support.