Audio Interface for Laptop

nonie

Kohie
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
I'm in dire need of one. Anyone have any opinions on the Lexicon Omega audio interface? My friend uses it and says it works well. Any other audio interfaces that have the same qualities as the Lexicon and is within the same price range (MIDI capabilities, USB, compatible with PC and MAC, etc.) that I should take a look at before I make a purchase?

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
I used the Lexicon Lambda...Kinda used up memory in FL Studio..

Now I just use the Mbox with FL Studio

And I use them with my laptop...

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Well, running through that interface actually used more resources than my mbox 2 mini, I don't know why....but it did....which is why I only use the mbox 2 mini now.

nonie

Kohie
ill o.g.
Quick question before I finally make my purchase...
Would I be able to connect my Motif Rack along with my studio monitors through the interface so that I would be able to trigger it with my MIDI keyboard?

Also, I was reading some reviews about the product on Amazon...seems like the quality of it can be faulty at times. Should I be worried about this?

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Yes you can hook it up to the motif

and no the quality is fine, if you are at all worried buy it from Sweetwater because they will stand behind it. Call Luke over there and tell him Scheidies sent you. He may even hook you up with a better price but maybe not on something so inexpensive.

nonie

Kohie
ill o.g.
Yes you can hook it up to the motif

and no the quality is fine, if you are at all worried buy it from Sweetwater because they will stand behind it. Call Luke over there and tell him Scheidies sent you. He may even hook you up with a better price but maybe not on something so inexpensive.

What about my studio monitors?

Alright, will do.
The reviews were also saying that the product sorta died out and stopped working after a year...

nonie

Kohie
ill o.g.
The Lexicon just came in today..I can finally use my monitors and MOTIF!
One problem though, not with the hardware just the installion of the Cubase LE that comes with it. I installed it, but for some reason when I double click the desktop icon, the little start up image for it appears for like a second and then disappears and the program doesn't actually boot up. I tried reinstalling it and repairing it but the same thing happens. I'm running Windows Vista just to let you know.

members online