audio routing question !

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
at the moment i've got my MPC which obviously needs an audio out, and my PC which also needs its audio fed to my amp ! however my amp can only play one sound source at a time ! so the solution would be to get a mixer to route all my incoming audio signals into one stereo pair which would feed my amp ! HOWEVER
im looking at getting the m-audio project mix am i right in thinking i can then feed all my audio from my PC my MPC my sound modules etc, my reason sounds and even my every day PC sounds through my project mix and into my mixer basically would the project mix function as a mixer for my in going audio aswell as my soundcard for my outputted sound !

that probably makes no sense its quite hard to explain wot i mean ! any ideas ?

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
oh and would it mean i have to have pro tools open to get any sound out of anything !?
and are there any alternatives, i was thinking maybe a m-audio 1010 and a mixer !?
i'd lose the control surface which i'd like but its not a must ! whatever i get has to be m-audio as have pro tools !

the reezo

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Yeah you can use the project mix because it is basically a mixer and a control surface for protools. If you had everything connected and had the outs of the project mix going to your monitors I don't think you will have a problem.

members online