August 7-8, 2014 - Comments & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
The next competition will be from August 7-8th! See the information below.

Signups

The signups will be on August 7th at around 8am ET, and end around 8pm ET. Voting will be for 1 day, on August 8th, where the results will be posted the same day.

The Signup page is here (it will open up on the signup day)

Theme: Sample Flip of Miles Davis' "Flamenco Sketches" (download snippet below)

You must use the sample provided! The song has already been chopped, so use any part of the loop, but make sure we can recognize it. You can use whatever sounds you want, samples, synths, just remember to read the rules for the rest of the restrictions. What the voters will be looking for is originality, creativity, mixing skills and overall dopeness!

Download Sample

WAV: https://www.illmuzik.com/beatthis/milesdavis.wav

Rules

If you're not sure about the rules, read this thread.

If you have any comments, suggestions, or questions about the competition, please post them in here.

beatthis_flyer2014080708.png

Mike Chief

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
Had trouble downloading the sample...yo if we provide the times of the track from where its sampled from, could that possibly be accepted?

Or rather, if you could provide the time of where the given sample starts and ends I could just download that shit and chop it myself..

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Had trouble downloading the sample...yo if we provide the times of the track from where its sampled from, could that possibly be accepted?

Or rather, if you could provide the time of where the given sample starts and ends I could just download that shit and chop it myself..
Just right-click and download the wav file. Does it work?

Beautiful Noise

No Song is Safe.
Battle Points: 8
Damn Fade, only 37 seconds? You don't make it easy on a brotha!

BeatsByDeon

Battle Points: 21
First time i saw the post it said the first 45 seconds of the song could be sampled. Does that still stand?

Dub1Beatz

skibobbidah bebop!!
Battle Points: 92
well atleast i made the list......Fuck it....onto something else...

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
It was very tight this time around because of the sample. But it's good to hear how everyone flips it differently. Everyone had nice beats, the problem too was the lack of votes, so hopefully that will start to change with the next competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online