Authentic Gutiars with a keyboard

J Rilla

Tha Fresh Prince of L.A.
ill o.g.
I have a motif es and i was trying to get the "strummin" feeling u get with a real guitar as opposed to what im gettin which is a guitar sound that was played with a keyboard..I'm trying to do this without sampleing it from somewhere else though so if anyone has any tips or tricks i would be very thankful.

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
go to motifator.com

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
Its a setting you change on the motif. go to that site, and search the threads or post a new one.

Nuff B

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
the only way to get that strum is if you play the keys like a guitar glide across whatever chords you are using practice on your keyboarding skills as well reverb and compression help with the real sounding ish works

ill o.g.
practice makes perfect. check the web for some tips.

PhleX

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
also man i have had a few soundfonts in the past that have almost just the strum sound by itself, like a vibration/slideing sound... try searching for summing like that...

2_nice

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
often i find when guitarists strum the time between each note is somewhere around a 16th third.... you can get authentic guitar type sound by creating a very fast type of arpeggio (in piano roll) for the start of the chord then letting the notes sustain

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
theres a guitar in the Motif called the 'Flamenco' which is reli nice.

sAfE.

Donovan

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Neptunes did that on Kelis - Scared Money...

That makes it one of the most memorable tracks on that CD, definitely just roll your hand across the keyboard as if you're bored waiting on something and hitting a finger at a time on the piano.

-Donovan

members online