Auto Tune plugin suggestions

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
well autotune and melodyne work well, waves tune is also good from what i hear but i havent heard the waves one with my own ears. the tpain thing just comes from abusing it and putting the retune speed all the way up. really ALL of those programs can work well when used correctly.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
If you guys got the Merc bundle from "the upper room" aka vip when it was there you would have waves Tune. For singers just needing some slight adjustment it's the best in my opinion. Great plugin with a small learning curve!!!!!!

Of course, like Ash said, ATR and Melodyne work great as well. I've bought and watched a couple tutorials on Melodyne but to me it's not all that "user friendly" the learning curve is a bit steep. I'm working out the kinks with it because when there new joint drops in the fall I have to have it!

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
If you guys got the Merc bundle from "the upper room" aka vip when it was there you would have waves Tune. For singers just needing some slight adjustment it's the best in my opinion. Great plugin with a small learning curve!!!!!!

Of course, like Ash said, ATR and Melodyne work great as well. I've bought and watched a couple tutorials on Melodyne but to me it's not all that "user friendly" the learning curve is a bit steep. I'm working out the kinks with it because when there new joint drops in the fall I have to have it!

agreed, waves tune is great!

,,My name is StressWon and I approve this thread.

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
!

Good lookin LDB is this link still avaible, i was searchin threw vip and i couldent find it...

Jason

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
I suggest you just get someone who can actually sing in tune..

What ever happened to the Arethas? Those women could sing without a dang autotune all day and they were the shit, fuckups i the song included ..lol
Now adays I cant tell one broad from another..

I can look through my stash and see if I can find it tho if LDB cant.

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207

if they had the mac version i would be straight lol...

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Good lookin LDB is this link still avaible, i was searchin threw vip and i couldent find it...

Jason

Nah...it's only up 14 days when you use USENDIT. It'll take a few hours but I'll reup tonight and post it or hit u in your PM's with a link

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
i'd definately go for melodyne, plus they got a new piece of software coming out from the company that make melodyne which allows you to pick out certain notes of chords on instrument recordings and adjust them so you don't have to do a re-take over one small mistake! haven't heard it work yet but the rumor is its pretty amazing!

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Yeah imma agree Melodyne is pretty amazing

Omit my previous post about auto tune! I've been playing with Melodyne for a few weeks now and it is in fact "AMAZING". For vocals its a "monster". I've been using it for everything from basslines to drums and everything in between. For someone like me that doesn't know music theory but can play somewhat by ear it is working miracles. It allows me to easily make a gang of variations. If I hit the wrong key Melodyne points it out and allows me to fix it without doing a retake! (TIME IS MONEY) Now when I have a vocalist who is new to the game but can in fact sing, I can easily find out what key they're singing in and easily tune certain instruments in the track to the key of the vocalist! That helps the vocalist out tremendously because they don't have to change there vocal key to match the track. It should be the other way around and now I can do it with ease. I can go on and on and on about it. I hate that I've had it for months and never really took the time to figure it out. It's not half as hard to learn as I thought it would be.

ALL PRODUCERS THAT GO OFF THE DOME AND DON'T NECESSARILY HAVE MUSIC THEORY EXPERTISE MUST HAVE THIS IN THERE ARSENAL!!!!

God

Creator of the Universe
ill o.g.
All of them enable you to "write in" the tune, instead of just relying on the "automatic" component of ATR or whatever.

Either of the new versions is good. It's practice and mastery of the effect that will take some time. Try all of them out if you have a way to do it.

members online