Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Never been to an IMAX show before so that was cool in itself despite the price, HOWEVER, I didnt know what to expect with this movie, but it really has it all!
The FX of course are beyond awesome and the very liberal " You white folks SERIOUSLY FUCKED THE NATIVES OVER!" appealed to my indigenous side in a big way , as well as the " DONT fight wars to make money!!" message about Iraq and other places was right on spot.
Now mind you those messages arent blaringly out there but if your the type of people we are you will pick up on it quick once things start rolling.
EXCELLENT acting, awesome graphics and stellar ending that never happens in real life makes me give this 2 thumbs up!
If your cheap like me and HATE to pay $18 for 2 people to go see a movie, just do it!
Go see it in IMAX 3D or Im afraid you may not get to see how cool this is,.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Hesitate no mo!! This movie is gonna explode, get there early, I was at the first showing this morning as soon as the credits rolled cats was on cell phones calling there people to tell them to go see the thing!

I havent been so exited watching a movie like this since I was 6 and seeing Star Wars for the first time.
Like I say I didnt know what the thing would be about or nothing , and was blown away by it, it even pulls the heart strings. PLENTY of action, it has some of everything in it.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
lol, I know I thought that while sitting there, but you have to remember when you were s kid the first time you saw all those space fx and how your mouth dropped and how the story and characters drew you in... To me it was like that... Even the little kids in the theater shut the fuck up , you dint hear any noise barely until it was over..Except sniffling in the emotional parts..
Im tellin ya, they scored with this.. I may have to cough up the dough to go see it again.. I havent done THAT since SW...Ever.
Make sure you see the 3d IMAX show before you judge this film, they seriously outdid themselves , and I thought it was gonna be some cheesy ass over rated shit.
The fx were so good I wanted to weep openly.

dj360_iNfInItE1

UNDeRGROUND STaTE of MiND
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 16
I didn't see it in IMAX but I did see it in 3D. OMG! This movie is fantastic. I was as excited as I was when I saw Star Wars. And I am a huge Star Wars fan. I also learned today that Lucas is redoing Star Wars with this new Real D technology. Hmmmmm. Interesting. LOL! Lucas won't ever stop making money off of that franchise. HAHAHAHAHAHA!

dj360_iNfInItE1

UNDeRGROUND STaTE of MiND
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 16
WOW, 2 separate accounts comparing to StarWars now huh?....hmmmm....Im still skeptical but thats impressive.

Yeah, I have all the Star Wars movies on DVD and PSP. I love the franchise. Avatar is on some next shit. See it in 3D. It will open your eyes to the future of film making. Real talk!!!

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Oh noooo! Ninja Assasin was the best thing out blah, blah, blah....lol, j/k...

I have a friend that works in the movie production industry that told me this would be the best thing since Star Wars and The Matrix...so I knew if he said it would be that good, then it was gonna be HOT!

AVATAR has been promoting itself as being the most expensive movie ever made and comparing it to SW and The Matrix sequels definately says alot.

dac

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Kraken

I plan on seeing this movie tonight. All my boys cosigned it and said 3D is the ONLY way to see this movie. Anything with mechs in it I am a sucker for. But I been nerding out on this sh*t lately. Don't let the cheesy butt rock ballad fool you.

::: Love :::

The sheer size of it. So big!

The insane roar and attention to detail like the breath of it during the scream.

The shell/armor design. Looks like it has some sort of helmet/head cover that retracts as it comes out of the water. There are some fine details I keep noticing after watch it over and over again like how the armor/shell is moved around with mollusk like muscle membrane. I know a lot of people say it isn't original but I think they did a perfect job of balancing between respecting the original design and updating it to make it even more fierce and "REALISTIC" if that is the word we want to use here. I mean, it looks like a mix between a Snake-Turtle-Octopus-Shark-humanoid. It looks like something we would recognize as a sea monster as opposed to something that looks completely alien. But I think the designers wanted something that looked a lot more POWERFUL. So naturally a huge jaw/mandible is almost automatic instead of a corny octopus beak or predator crab ant mandibles. I didn't like the six eyes initially but again, I think that is a hint back at the whole 8 legged crab/spider thing. It's head is basic but I think it was designed to look powerful enough to take a lot of damage.

I mean think about it. You wouldn't design a tough truck to look like a Ferarri.

I hope there is a scene of it doing something like nom noming on a huge whale to help really show the scale of it.

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
^^^ Yeah. That's why I posted it. I am worried it will have the TRESPASS effect where the movie sucks because none of the scenes showed more than 5 people in it at a time so it loses the sense of it being epic in scale. You guys ever play a video game where you had to LOOK for enemies making the game feel kinda empty? Some movies do the same thing.

I hope this one doesn't.

I mean look at AVATAR for example. I am sure that movie had a great sense of scale and epicness in the battle scenes.

members online