Back again with an Egyptian theme this time. (WIP)

Phenri

Master Beater
Okay, so I'm back on my bullshit. This time, I want to go with an Egyptian feel; but I'm kinda stuck. Anybody feel like checking out this work in progress and offering some advice? Keep in mind, this is only the intro and verse. The hook hasn't been written yet.

As it is it sounds like it would be great in a movie or a videogame.
To make it more of hip hop beat, Id layer a punchier kick and snare. There are many ways you could go with it, I have a few ideas coming into my head, Id fill out some of the ends of each 8 bars with some strings or stabs. Maybe even some gritty synth bassline added too. I could hear Busta Rhymes on it and would try to take it in that direction.

Phenri

Master Beater
Thanks for the advice! This has been a tricky one for me, and I don't want to just throw some stuff together again like I did for the Stayin' Alive remix. Unfortunately, since the Egyptian scale is so different than everything you usually hear in music, it's really hard to find samples that fit and sound good. The drums shouldn't be too hard, so maybe I'll focus on adding some harmony here and there. And figuring out the hook.