Basic Racial Profiling question

• beat this! voting starts in...

dialogic

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I wanted to spark a little political debate...

Does it seem like ppl in Am and maybe beyond are too worried about their own ass?

Ppl put stopping "terrorism" ahead of the rights of Arabs and Arab-Am's, ppl justify racial profiling b/c their image of criminals has a black face, and ppl go against aff action b/c it's "reverse racism" despite a history of teaching anti-intellectualism and hopelessness to minorities in am...

in part, i'm asking cuz i'm a pacifist and i think that ppl are products of their environments and these are my beliefs (obviously), and in part i wanna get some opinions and see if ppl actually think this

dialogic

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
StressWon said:
That's too much for a Sunday nbight,,lol,,,I'll get back,,,,

ha ha def- was just watchin law & order where they were hunting down dudes who killed an arab, talkin alot about how we cant let our fears get ahead of our principles.

CampO

BEAT u DOWN
ill o.g.
Ya way 2 much for Sunday if you broke it down in 4 letter words i would probably have an Answer for you

T

The Bastard

dialogic said:
I wanted to spark a little political debate...

Does it seem like ppl in Am and maybe beyond are too worried about their own ass?

Ppl put stopping "terrorism" ahead of the rights of Arabs and Arab-Am's, ppl justify racial profiling b/c their image of criminals has a black face, and ppl go against aff action b/c it's "reverse racism" despite a history of teaching anti-intellectualism and hopelessness to minorities in am...

in part, i'm asking cuz i'm a pacifist and i think that ppl are products of their environments and these are my beliefs (obviously), and in part i wanna get some opinions and see if ppl actually think this
u can never be too worried about yur own ass, no1 wants to die better safe than sorry. i dont get the rest of whut u said cuz im sped. id be happy if i got stopped goin into a flight and checked cuz id know people are doing there jobs and are ultimatly protecting me. as long as they dont search the anal cavity. im not even sure if profiling at airports is whut yurtalkin about im guessin it is tho

P

Pinnacle

You have to worry about your own ass. No one else will!!!

KIRK T

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
lol.. I scan this site now & then.. Seldom post. But this requires one.

Stopping terrorism IS INDEED more important than arab americans rights, or any other one group.
FUCK anyone who disagrees. If my enemy is purple, I'm lookin at purple muherfuckers suspicious. Common sense. Dummy.

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
I live in Canada, Montreal to be more precise, and we are not really at risk of any terrorist threat here. But, to me, I can't see how the action of a minority can affect a community.

A lot of Arabs live in the states and have noting to do with terrorism, some aren't even muslims and have nothing to do with the Gihad...

the fact that skinheads, White supermacists and NeoNazis are terrorising some community doesn't mean that all whites are evil and should be checked, just in case.

Right?

KIRK T

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Skinheads & white supremacists are evil. But they are not flying planes into buildings.
And nobody said all arabs are evil. But if you know for a fact that your enemy is arab, then you'd be unwise to not scrutinize arabs a bit more. I'm not talking about stomping on peoples rights. But cmon.. If you gettin on a commuter plane headed to NY and 12 arabs are on it, you're racially profiling too, you're lying if you say otherwise.

All kinds of people are coming out of the woodwork up in arms about arabs being raciually profiled.. But for every ONE arab thats stopped & checked at an airport, about ONE HUNDRED (actually way more) black folks are being stopped by police because they drive a nice car. Why aint these people concerned about people's rights up in arms over that?

I think it's because a bunch of arab americans are speaking out about situations where they';ve been wronged, which is cool. But most americans aint tryin to hear it.. Mostly because these same cats werent so vocal to their own community in comdemning the terrorist acts. They were silent.