bass and kick don’t need to hit together in terms of key and timing according to RZA

• beat this! voting starts in...

FuzE

i make beatz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 99
Thats why RZA is one of the greatest. He's always tryna figure ways to push the limits and not conform. Its hard sometimes to fully appreciate cats music cause you never know what they're trying to accomplish or what they are truly trying to convey with the methods they use.

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
i am still digging 8 diagrams

he got a lot of shit for that album. i can't believe that people thought it was boring or gave him crap for using live instruments.

the production is so dark and psychedelic. it is a timeless album for sure

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
i am still digging 8 diagrams

he got a lot of shit for that album. i can't believe that people thought it was boring or gave him crap for using live instruments.

the production is so dark and psychedelic. it is a timeless album for sure

i heard it wuz wack..but being a wu tang head i refuse to believe it till i hear it myself

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
that pulse he speaks about is why he was used for Afro Samurai and other movies. the melodies he does create are only compliments of the pulse.. dope videos, thx

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Yeah that was pretty dope.

LOL...Even though i totally dig tryin anything new, I can totally see why the engineer may have been trippin about three mics all placed like that for vocals. You can run into pretty bad phasing issues with something like that. That would be mad annoying if he thinks its helping and it really aint doin shit but possibly making things worse.
The engineer might a just been a challenged dude too though, guess well never know?...haha

Good video.

STEEZ

Manji

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I aint tryin to hear anything RZA's gotta say after that 8 diagrams shit. RZA straight dookie'd in my ears after all those wu albums I spent my mcdonalds money on. boooooooo.

krysolite

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
8 diagrams is sic. wth
they use that technique in EDM songs as well. if you listen. sometimes the bass is put on the half beat, but sometimes it follow right after the kick, or sometimes they put on a slow attack and play it with the bass at the same time, that way the kick is dominant and then the bass follows right after. YEZZIR.

T

TheMost

Rza Said You Dont Need A Melody...your Music Got To A Have A Pulse...thats Some Of The Realist Shit Ever Spoken.

I havent see the video
cus im at work but i dont realy agrree with you dont need a melody thing.

What gets me going when i hear a song is the beat=pulse yes but at the same time a song that will be realy catchy and make me listen to it over the years is the melody.

Its easy to achieve a good pulse, lots of songs have this thru the years but its the melody that keeps these songs alive in time.

M.Holmes

Sincock

Fucking Wankers
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 8
I havent see the video
cus im at work but i dont realy agrree with you need a melody.

What gets me going when i hear a song is the beat=pulse yes but at the same time a song that will be realy catchy and make me listen to it over the years is the melody.

Its easy to achieve a good pulse, lots of songs have this thru the years but its the melody that keeps these songs alive in time.

M.Holmes

lol, tell that to Beethoven.

members online