Bass Guitar Slide

O-H-TEN

aka Tha' NVZABLE DRAGON
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Does anybody know how to create a bass guitar slide in software? Is it even possible? If so; what software and how. I hope you understand what I'm talking about. I don't know what it's called officially. Many thanks in advance.
ONE

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
Hard to explain for me. But have u ever taken ur hand place em on keys and slide ur fingers back and forth across the keys (thats how ) but u have to have your Patch made correctly. you can even go in and layer up extra guitar parts under the bass to get it sounding Authentic (can do it with any sampler) I do it in the Nnxt, Some do it with sampletank and or Synth programs etc

some others may have other techniques i like to sow the tempo down Play it normall then change the tempo back to the original bpm so it comes in like i did it fast etc hope i didnt confuse you because i confuse myself sometimes.

Bobby Ffitch

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
^im confused. lol.

Try using full portamento on some bass patch and then playing a low note and then like an octave higher. that what your talking about?

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
ColossusBeatfix said:
^im confused. lol.

Try using full portamento on some bass patch and then playing a low note and then like an octave higher. that what your talking about?

i was trying to explain that long bass slide you hear in rnb/neo soul music. I know how to do it. lil hard to explain it though.

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
Nah i dont think thats what he's talkin about.

He wants a Bass Slide

Attachments

• bassslide.png
    bassslide.png
    48.9 KB · Views: 146

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
...in FL studio, that's pretty simple. I'm guessing you're talking about a note that is played and (on a real bass) the bassist slides his fingers on the cord0 to change the pitch of the note he played... and usually, they go to a lower note...

My suggestion? if you have a program that accepts samples, find a good guitar sample with a good pluck and a sustain option (like loop point, for instance) or a good guitar soundfont, if you can have one...

normally, there is an option in FL Studio' PianoRoll that is a slide (and I'm pretty sure it exists other programs too)

no5 on the picture below... The lenght of the rectangle represents the time it will take the note to go from where it is to where it will be at the end. The shorter the rectangle, the faster the slide will be.

Attachments

• pianoroll_general.gif
    pianoroll_general.gif
    42.9 KB · Views: 133

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
^^^^very true... it will sound kind of artificial... the ony way you can try to make it sound kind of real is with an Guitar Amp VST... (not perfect, but, with a good mix, and layering it with a good guitar (soundfont/emulator) it could be all right

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221
id highly recommend what nnxt said, thats what i do all the time, however if you want some wav samples of a real bass guitar sliding, just pm or something and i will email a couple.

O-H-TEN

aka Tha' NVZABLE DRAGON
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
I'm going to try and do it the way NNXT suggested. The pitch bend is okay to use just for that quick slide sound when changing notes while playing; but for those long kind of solo slides, it just does'nt cut it.
Afrique, I'm going to hit you up shortly for those samples. Is there a place online that sells these type of samples? I've got a couple that I've sampled off records; but it's not the same as being able to do it yourself.
Good lookin' out peeps. If anyone else has anything to add please do so. I've even thought about renting a bass for a day and recording my own bass slides.
Well anyway, thanks again peeps.
ONE

members online