Basslines with the mpc

Phonetik

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I got a quick question for you guys. Im trying to get my basslines to hum with my sample or melody. I will find the first bass note that matches and hums nicely with the sample but then when the note of the sample changes, I cant quite find the next bass note right that hums with that one. I can get close to it but its obviously not the right one. Is there a way of getting the all of the bass notes on the scale so that I can make a bassline that sounds like it hums and harmoniously with the sample? Im using the mpc 1000 but I guess all mpc are somewhat similar.

Phonetik

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yo call me thick headed but all that is like another language.

So I tune my sample?

Say if I want to use the bass scale that the mpc offers on the 16 pads. Which pad do I make it harmonize with? Im lost. Is this tough to do?

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
Phonetik said:
So I tune my sample?

?

Yes, i really cant explain it any more simple, your sample is probobly out of tune,(sharp or flat) this is the reason why the bassline isent "fitting" right

Or ur basssound could be out of tune, but i bet its the sample

I can explain till im blue in the face but u gotta be able to hear it, it wont help if ur tone def

class

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Phonetik said:
I got a quick question for you guys. Im trying to get my basslines to hum with my sample or melody. I will find the first bass note that matches and hums nicely with the sample but then when the note of the sample changes, I cant quite find the next bass note right that hums with that one. I can get close to it but its obviously not the right one. Is there a way of getting the all of the bass notes on the scale so that I can make a bassline that sounds like it hums and harmoniously with the sample? Im using the mpc 1000 but I guess all mpc are somewhat similar.

you could just filter the bass thats already in the sample and use that for a bassline

members online