Basslines...

Tylias

Is there a certain type of bass sound you prefer in most of your beats?

personally I enjoy using saw synths and a nicely compressed sub, but other producers enjoy using a normal bass guitar or something.

spliffstar76

BangBang
Battle Points: 1

personally I enjoy using saw synths and a nicely compressed sub, but other producers enjoy using a normal bass guitar or something.

Ty, how do you create the saw/sub bass sound , do you have an example

Bugsy

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 206
Yea Im looking for a real one. I have played electric bass for years and when I try and play an upright it goes ok and translates pretty well. But gosh I have so much to learn. Been thinking about picking up an upright and really diving in.

yet again you continue to amaze me...was it hard learning how to play it? i could play bass but im useless without those frets..and its huge, do you have the space for it?

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
trying to play jazz riffs on the thing was not too bad, and I am sure I can make room :) But I have no idea how to do anything with a bow etc so I would probably have to take lessons to get up to speed, and yea I am with you on the fret thing but its not as bad as I expected, gosh it sounds so nice!

KDVS

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 85
I have an upright standing here, and the bow is amazing, love that sound. Ill try use it for the christmas beat this if i get time for it. :) normally i use an el bass, i prefer that sound before any bass plugin i tried.