Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
battles_battlethat_main.jpg

How the Battle That! Competition Works

Yes, the name is weird but it's simply a play on words to counter the Beat This! Competition. It's our annual battle and it's also a tournament-style with sixteen contestants. The signups are usually a week before the battle and we pick the best contestants to enter the battle. It basically a year-end exclusive battle where we choose the best sixteen to enter. There are four rounds, and all members can vote. Each round lasts a day.

OVERVIEW

*Keep checking back here as the information will change as it leads up to the battle. There will be 16 spots available for people to compete, with 8 spots open for each side.

VOTING
All members will be able to vote, but not for themselves.

Information
  • There will be 16 spots available for people to compete, with 8 spots open for each side.
  • All IllMuzik members can vote.
  • There is no theme for these battles.
  • You must upload 4 beats.
  • Your beat must be in MP3 format.
  • You CANNOT have tags in your beats!

How do I signup?

The signups are just to be considered for the battle. Once you signup, we will choose 16 of the best beats and those members will be our contestants.

How many beats am I able to upload?

You must upload 4 beats in total. You can only use 1 beat for each round.

Can I upload all 4 beats before the battle?

Yes, you must. By uploading all 4 beats and specifying which beat you want to use in what round, it will make things much simpler and quicker for us to set up the brackets.

Can I use 1 beat for the whole battle?

No, you must upload 4 beats.

What style of beat can I upload?

Any style you want (this is a Hip Hop site!). Just remember that you're trying to out-do your opponent!

How long can my beat be?

Your beat must be no longer than 4 minutes.

Can I have vocals in my beats?

No! Not unless it is specified in the battle announcement. The whole point of the battle is to out-do your opponent with your beats. You can use the occasional vocal snippet, just like in the Beat This! Competition.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

members online