Battle That! Competition - September 13-16, 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Chief

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
Dammnn

Already knocked out first round. But props to the opponent, it was a fire beat. Fuck, always next year lol.

I'll be tuned in tomorrow for round two to hear the next tracks and vote for qualified producers. This is going to be some heat .Its been real . SJAMBOK BEATS
Goodfellas GIF

I'll be tuned in tomorrow for round two to hear the next tracks and vote for qualified producers. This is going to be some heat .Its been real . SJAMBOK BEATS
Goodfellas GIF
If my calculations are correct, you'll only need 1 more round to snatch the season.

Alright I've Calculated all the possible outcomes:

SJAMBOK is obviously the favorite to be champion, so on default he'll get the spot, unless any of these 3 exceptional situations occur;
1. Retro wins the Battle
2. Retro reaches the final AND Sjambok doesn't (in this scenario, there's a possibility that Retro would beat him by 4 points!)
3. I win the battle AND Sjambok doesn't get to the final

so as soon as Sjambok reaches the final he's basically champion, unless the other finalist is retro, in which case (and only in that case) it'd all depend on the final.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544

SJAMBOK is obviously the favorite to be champion, so on default he'll get the spot, unless any of these 3 exceptional situations occur;
1. Retro wins the Battle
2. Retro reaches the final AND Sjambok doesn't (in this scenario, there's a possibility that Retro would beat him by 4 points!)

so as soon as Sjambok reaches the final he's basically champion, unless the other finalist is retro, in which case (and only in that case) it'd all depend on the final.
Ill secretary

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.

1. Retro wins the Battle

Comedy Central Gamer GIF by South Park

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
21 and 22 are tough to decide. But 22's mix is distorted and the bass very heavy.

I find there's a few other beats like that - the beat is good but the mixing needs work. Anyone else hearing that?

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
21 and 22 are tough to decide. But 22's mix is distorted and the bass very heavy.

I find there's a few other beats like that - the beat is good but the mixing needs work. Anyone else hearing that?
I'll check when I get on my mons. (In fact I'll check on my bassy headphones - they really highlight any bad bass procuessing)

I found in the previous round one Beat at least, had a decent mix, but the distortion was quite heavy on the master- I feel someone really wanted their beat to be the Loudest and ended up distorting their master as a result. I'm wondering if they could hear it;

If not, why? Their monitoring situation sounds alright for their mix.

Are they slapping it through a preset? Are they just watching numbers?
Only distort on export ?

Last edited:

Delta_Nine

Illa la muzika!!!

1. Retro wins the Battle

I could be wrong but retro got knocked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.