Battle That! Competition - September 15-18, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Yeah this would be great, like @2GooD Productions mentioned, like a community-funded prize.

I'm really pissed that I couldn't get sponsors, but I'm not surprised. Every year it's VERY hard to even hear back from anyone, let alone get sponsorship. Over the past years I've gotten a few of the same companies and I'm grateful for that, but I don't want to give the same sponsor/prize each year. Like for example, Imagine Line has always been great to work with, but I think at this point everyone here has FL studio lol.

Definitely though we should prepare this months in advance from now on because it's always nice to have some sort of prize. Usually it's the top 3 or 4, because of 1st/2nd then the other two that didn't make it to the finals.

Let me know what you guys can do, send me a PM if you want. This way I can get the info up and announced before we start the battle on the 15th!

I dont know how many would be up for it, might be popular might be totally unpopular so Im putting it out there to see.
How many of you would enter a battle if you had to pay to enter, but the winner takes a prize for the value of the sum total minus 10% for Fade for his work putting these battles together?

Im wondering if it will be more of an incentive or would it be off putting for the members to take part, as we can have trouble filling up some battles sometimes as it is. Dont want to make things worse.

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
Battle Points: 22
I dont know how many would be up for it, might be popular might be totally unpopular so Im putting it out there to see.
How many of you would enter a battle if you had to pay to enter, but the winner takes a prize for the value of the sum total minus 10% for Fade for his work putting these battles together?

Im wondering if it will be more of an incentive or would it be off putting for the members to take part, as we can have trouble filling up some battles sometimes as it is. Dont want to make things worse.
I get the idea, but at the same time i think a paywall is always something that scares ppl off.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
UPDATE

I have a lottery ticket for tonight. If I win, we all meet up on a private yacht.

sausage GIF

I get the idea, but at the same time i think a paywall is always something that scares ppl off.
thats what i was thinking too, but at the same time, getting a real prize and not just points could be a good incentive for people that have the confidence to put their money where their mouth is.

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
thats what i was thinking too, but at the same time, getting a real prize and not just points could be a good incentive for people that have the confidence to put their money where their mouth is.

We could try like a "beta test" with a new battle type. A fresh concept, something that ppl didnt take part in yet.

Imagine ppl will be only battling for money and all the other battles get empty. :ROFLMAO:

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
We could try like a "beta test" with a new battle type. A fresh concept, something that ppl didnt take part in yet.

Imagine ppl will be only battling for money and all the other battles get empty. :ROFLMAO:
BMBB. (Big Money Beat Battle). Boom. Catchy. Why? Mumble rappers. We could pronounce it like that ssskrrrt thing. But this would be more like "bum be be".

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
BMBB. (Big Money Beat Battle). Boom. Catchy. Why? Mumble rappers. We could pronounce it like that ssskrrrt thing. But this would be more like "bum be be".
Do you know the Money in the Bank event from WWE? We could make Money in the Beat! :ROFLMAO:

Vossi Beats

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 238
How about we just make an entry fee for the battle that battle?
Then there is 16 x what ever amount needed for enough dough to buy some prizes.

Or maybe if more people got that new $ mambership there would also become more cash for Fade to work on the site or what ever and that would make it grow and then also become more interesting for sponsors in the long run?

Just thinking out loud here.

YannFer

The Mr Bernard Who Laughs
Battle Points: 166
Guys, I'm up for chipping in as well.

As for the paywall thing in the future, it's alright with me but I can already hear the newcomers coming for the prize with their egos and then losing their piggy bank money and finally complaining that the battles are rigged... I mean, it happened when there was no money involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.