Be careful with Behringer mixers

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I picked up the Behring Xenyx 802 mixer and immediately returned it.

Why?

Because of noise!

Does anyone else here have a Behringer mixer? What happened was I plugged it into a regular outlet and put on my headphones, then all I could hear was radio interference (when I turned up the volume). Okay, so I then plugged it into my studio power strip instead and I didn't hear any interference but I did hear lots of hiss.

Now keep in mind that I had nothing hooked up to the mixer yet! I then went back to my Mackie mixer and did the same hookup, turned up the volume and.... nothing.

So I don't know if it was a bad Behringer unit but compared to my Mackie mixer it's no contest. To get tons of hiss and nothing's hooked up and playing, is ridiculous.

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Was it properly grounded at the outlet? What Did you have it plugged in to. The power strip? I have bashed Behringer for years because of quality but it does seem like they have improved and they are killing it in the synth dept.

Last edited:

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
At first I tested into a regular strip then into my Furman strip. Both gave lots of hiss. All my other stuff into that strip is fine. Really weird. I never had that issue with other gear in the past. Maybe an old Gemini DJ mixer lol.

Bino5150

~Mo Thugs~
I've had a few Behringer mixers. A big Eurodesk Pro 32 channel, and a couple Xenyx. I got rid of one, but I still have the Xenyx 2222FX that I've had for well over 15 years... used to use it in my live show rig, but now use it for production. I love that thing, and never had any issues at all with it, or any of the others for that matter. Maybe you just got a defective unit?

konceptG

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I had a Xenyx 502 some years ago. Shit was whisper quiet. Before that I had a Eurorack MX1604a and had nary a single issue with it. I've heard horror stories about Behringer stuff but it was never my experience.

members online