beat battle for a Mercury waters song

mercurywaters

hip hop in the flesh
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
alright here's the deal. i'm doing a hip hop cover song. a cover of de la soul's "itsoweezee" from the stakes is high album. its going to be me and a group named the otha's (eno.dna [mc] and episode [dj]) check them out here: http://www.soundclick.com/theothas for the hook i'm going to have butterfly brown singing. check her out here: http://www.soundclick.com/butterflybrown now here is where you guys come in. i want the beat to have a similar feel to the original, but not an exact copy. the same structure though. somewhere around the same tempo. if you need a copy of the original song i'll put it up on my soundclick page at: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/7/mercurywaters.htm
i think i'll give everyone till feb. 28, 2004 to come up with something. the winning beat will be chosen by 5 votes. a poll setup here, me, eno, episode, and butterfly. being that this is a cover song it will probably not be released or sold for fear of being sued. so its for fun and promo purposes only. respond in this thread if you want to be down. thanx ahead of time and have fun with it.

fatsdowrong

"SNAPPIN' SKULZ"
ill o.g.
you know im down!!!!!
where is the final cut gonna be done tho?
are you gonna want a pre mixed track or will you take it into the studio?

mercurywaters

hip hop in the flesh
ill o.g.
uh oh! fats is in it. y'all better come with the hotness. this is his era. his specialty.

i record all my stuff in my crib. the othas are in cali so they'll send me some wav files. i haven't gotten up with butterfly yet. more than likely a final cut beat.

fatsdowrong

"SNAPPIN' SKULZ"
ill o.g.
cool, ive been listenin to its so easy backwards and forwards for about an hour now to get a ill vibe goin...
you know im gonna kill this here kidd! im thinkin of throwin in some ill scratched references from the actuall record, but i need to know how and what the topic of the cover will be, so i can really get in yalls heads and do it right. throw me some ideas merc....
peace

mercurywaters

hip hop in the flesh
ill o.g.
i don't even know yet. what ever you feel is cool. basically same lyrics. same mellow feel. but we got a real vocalist for the hook so that should spice it up. just do what you feel. do it as if you were the only one who ever produced it. just kill the original.

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
ill o.g.
you know merc, i need to try a different style.....Long Live Haze 47, a job for that persona, lets get the morph down....

fatsdowrong

"SNAPPIN' SKULZ"
ill o.g.
/\ /\ /\ /\ ARE YOU SERIOUS?????/\ /\ /\ /\
HOT? IN WHAT CLIMATE?
COME ON..... THINK IT OUT, IF YOUR GONNA MAKE A COVER TRACK OR REMIX: FIRST OF ALL, IT NEEDS TO BE HOTTER THAN THE ORIGINAL
SECONDLY, IT NEEDS TO BE HOTTER THAN THE ORIGINAL!!!!!
SOUNDS LIKE YOU DIDNT GIVE IT ENOUGH THOUGHT.
AND YOU GOTTA KEEP THE VIBE GOIN, THAT WAS SAMPLED, YOUR SHIT DIDNT EVEN HAVE ANY OF THE ORIGINAL SOUNDS IN IT!!!!

BRING FIRE, OR GET BURNT SUN!!!!!

IM GONNA TAKE A WHILE WITH THIS HERE MERC. BUT TRUST ME, IM GONNA SHIT ON THE ORIGINAL, ITZTOOOEEZEE!!!!!!

members online