Beat Battle In Jersey On July 31st

priorityone

ill o.g.
Peace

Yea I remember, you took me out in the JC one 1st round. I was a rookie. ha.
It was a lot of iffy calls that last one. Thats why we got judges. ha

Keep Bangin those joints out those pads

One

trinidad

The Last B-Boy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
e.porter said:
yea i might check that out too.

U should beat battles are always interestin', btw what part of jerz u from??

Shwaz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Are the tracks played live, or do two people just play a song? I am def checking this out.

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
If it wasnt on a sunday night i mightve checked it out. Why the fuck do niggas settle for spots on a sunday night??? I'll never understand it.

priorityone

ill o.g.
Every producer brings his or her own equipment there. (mpc, asr, yamaha, labtops etc.)

There are no CD battles

"If it wasnt on a sunday night i mightve checked it out. Why the fuck do niggas settle for spots on a sunday night??? I'll never understand it."

Son, now u know if its a real popular spot the main nights are gonna be rented out and Sunday is a off night ,so u can get it for a cheaper rate too. The day will change eventually.

we got other things on different days. open mics, live shows, work etc.

Shwaz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Just got back from this battle. Not a Cd battle? That’s exactly what it was. The fact that the dudes were playing their tracks off an MPC or laptop isn't any different then popping in a CD. Some dudes were triggering a break now and then, but most had the whole thing tracked out. However, seeing it go down in a live atmosphere was cool, and I did enjoy myself.

I got to say that the cats that should of won didn't. You picked the judges out of the audience, come on now. DJ Static flipped the same sample like 3 times in a track and all three were banging, that’s impressive. He was the only dude that was getting the audience amped. How could he not win? And Hasan Salaam was dope with those Mediterranean riffs. Still, had a good time, good work putting it together.

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
i wud like to see that but im only 17..that fuckin sux

trinidad

The Last B-Boy
ill o.g.
Shwaz said:
Just got back from this battle. Not a Cd battle? That’s exactly what it was. The fact that the dudes were playing their tracks off an MPC or laptop isn't any different then popping in a CD. Some dudes were triggering a break now and then, but most had the whole thing tracked out. However, seeing it go down in a live atmosphere was cool, and I did enjoy myself.

I got to say that the cats that should of won didn't. You picked the judges out of the audience, come on now. DJ Static flipped the same sample like 3 times in a track and all three were banging, that’s impressive. He was the only dude that was getting the audience amped. How could he not win? And Hasan Salaam was dope with those Mediterranean riffs. Still, had a good time, good work putting it together.

I was there too i think the reason they want an mp ther is too show thta the pesron really made the beat how ever some ppl were doing there drops live. Static had som crazy ish he took that maroon 5 n killed it. the only problem was his style u cant really rap to that his peats are like rugged n raw's they are just out there but he nice though did u hear how he flipped that horse racing ish, but i do think the right person won though cuz ment plus got beats that make u wann grip the mic, fuck it it should have been a tie, uyo did u copp ne cds at the show, cuz my man maleet's art od diggin tape is serious.

priorityone

ill o.g.
Beat Battle Summary

Thanks for everybody that came out. Peace to all the producers that came thru.

A lot of joints were played. Some hotter than others. The Mentplus and Static Battle will go down in history as THEE tightest decision we had. Two judges had it as a tie.

We had official judges but they didnt show up due to technical difficulties. I'm personally working on that right now. The picking of judges out the audience was wack. I will agree.

I've noticed that Jersey's style and NY's style are a little different. Thats like the 5th or 6th person that said "I cant hear noone rhyme over that" or "That beat is too crazy". Personally, if its hot its hot.

Next month, Aug 28 "Rise Of The Machines" is gonna be better. There is two slots available. So if u nice holla.

To FurioZ, hopefully we can change venues so that wont happen again.

ONE

Shwaz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Sounds good. I think there should be some rules about having to trigger your samples live. Just hitting play and then pretending to conduct shit in the air is kinda stupid.

Trinidad, Static flipped This Love 3 times! That shit was sick . The horse racing thing was crazy. When he started playing the sample, I was like this is cool, but I can't imagine a hip-hop beat going over this and sounding good, but the dude made it work. I bought the Beat To Death Vol. 4 Outthere cd/dvd. For $10 that’s not a bad value. I bought it mainly because I felt the dudes production in the battle, but the production on the cd isn't as hot. The mix cd is pretty good though, there are some guys with quality flows. Haven't had time to watch the DVD yet. Did you get Hasan Salaam's shit, I wish I had the Mediterranean stuff he was playing was crazy.

trinidad

The Last B-Boy
ill o.g.
^^^ na i aint cop hassans but i did cop the rugged and raw thats the crazy looking dude wit the fro he was statics peeps his beats are similar but to rhyme to they was a lil eh... but seriously that art pf diggin shit was dope, btw u from Jerz Fam???

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
priorityone said:
Thanks for everybody that came out. Peace to all the producers that came thru.

A lot of joints were played. Some hotter than others. The Mentplus and Static Battle will go down in history as THEE tightest decision we had. Two judges had it as a tie.

We had official judges but they didnt show up due to technical difficulties. I'm personally working on that right now. The picking of judges out the audience was wack. I will agree.

I've noticed that Jersey's style and NY's style are a little different. Thats like the 5th or 6th person that said "I cant hear noone rhyme over that" or "That beat is too crazy". Personally, if its hot its hot.

Next month, Aug 28 "Rise Of The Machines" is gonna be better. There is two slots available. So if u nice holla.

To FurioZ, hopefully we can change venues so that wont happen again.

ONE
lol word good shyt !!

M

MentPlus*

Yeah u could've came thru

Wasn't like anyone was really drinkin anyway. But hey the battles are really entertaining. Good music great food and good looking women too!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shwaz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
trinidad said:
^^^ na i aint cop hassans but i did cop the rugged and raw thats the crazy looking dude wit the fro he was statics peeps his beats are similar but to rhyme to they was a lil eh... but seriously that art pf diggin shit was dope, btw u from Jerz Fam???

Just moved to Jerz. ^^^^Mentplus, your the dude that won the battle. Welcome to the boards.

M

MentPlus*

Yup

Just online checkin stuff out, birds of a feather u know....

members online