beat cds

Bobby Ffitch

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
as far as length, it depends on who you are giving the cd to. If you are giving the cd to someone who has a lot of other cds to listen to, IE a record exec or a known rapper or someone, then your tracks should be short and should get going pretty quickly. If you are giving your beats to a local or unknown mcee, then i like to use my full intros and let the tracks get longer. i always use a lot of vocal tags though.

I think a lot of the feeling and emotion of beats, especially of mine, comes from the intro and the build, so i like to able to display that where it is reasonable.

young_keyz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I got a beat cd that i give out to people that are about money! If your lucky there might be a track on that cd that isnt already sold but if they are i got more where that came from to play to you now i know you like my style! If your not about a lot of money then catch me in the hood and ill let ya listen to some tracks in my truck(i still get down with the hood for cheap)! Alot of people do know that voice tags are really killing your chances at getting a beat sold. You might be shock if you heard so and so producer beat cd was sent to this person and some how ended up in this person hands and they did a track to it and it got on a mix tape and pop off and now that artist is looking for you for the real track or more tracks! Sometimes you just got to put your music out there to see what your worth is. One track sold or stolen is not gona really make you or break you cause when they do start looking for track you better be able to put out good music in the hundreds!

A

Atlas

young_keyz said:
I Alot of people do know that voice tags are really killing your chances at getting a beat sold. You might be shock if you heard so and so producer beat cd was sent to this person and some how ended up in this person hands and they did a track to it and it got on a mix tape and pop off and now that artist is looking for you for the real track or more tracks! Sometimes you just got to put your music out there to see what your worth is. One track sold or stolen is not gona really make you or break you cause when they do start looking for track you better be able to put out good music in the hundreds!

yeh thats the truth. Its allot better to get out there than to protect your stuff cauze in the end your stuff isnt worth protecting if it isnt heard.

bobhellbringer

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
for the majors cut down intros and get to the verses and chorus parts of the beat. You should try to give them the meat and show your style so don't go overboard with fancy shit in the intro and stuff. At the most do like a quick drop for u on the intro.

SlickVikNewman

Hip Hop Super Villian
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
I agree with everybody else. I got feedback the 1st couple of times I sent out music about my length. alot of people just want quick snippets, so come with your A game and dont jack around too much with building the beat up. Hell they might miss out on the hottest beat of the year because they dont care about you being all creative with the intro at that point. voice tag needs to be short and distinctive, no overblown shit that covers up the beat to where its annoying.

members online