• 2GooD Productions

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Beatmaker88

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • TeeJay Sounds

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
First off, yes, I did consider gettin into politics but in modern-day culture, if blue lives suck, politicians lives are certainly less worthy than wet lamb shit and in fact, they're the most hated and most hard-working people with the most pressure on them in the society, so fuck no.

Second off, half of you guys are all "from the 90s" so you all know hip-hop, so the top-grossing highest-selling trap bullshit on the billboard wont even get a runner-up in here. so by the power of our dope-o-meters, this place tells you which beat was doper, but since the voters are not some washed-up teenagers, a murda on the beat beat gets no votes here. so of course the guy who made that beat is getting mad! he made the beat for another type of audience! he didn't expect a 90s boombap beat to win. Even though by decent measures, the 90s beat is Faaaaar better than His beat, his beat would get better feedback than ours where money talks, and he certainly works for the money.

so yea, we can say ok, he can go fuck himself and ban him, but he wouldn't see why we said he was wrong and he's probably gonna get paid more money than all of us old fucks making the real dope beats combined. who cares tho, call it 90s call it old school call it whatever tf, this is dope and we gon make this shit until we choke on our vinyls :D

Who's the 90's shitter?... Too many nicknames going on.
He was a true butthurt-legend of his own time... his godly appearance took place right after the Earcleaner incident.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I don't understand why there's always this Boom Bap vs Trap debate here. I always vote for who's got the best beat, period. If you think a Boom Bap beat wins more than a Trap beat, maybe the Boom Bap beats posted here are just better than the Trap ones.

I'm listening for a beat that is dope, mixed well, has nice changeups, groove, etc. I've heard a lot of Trap that is robotic/generic so maybe that's what gets people. I try to listen to all flavors of beats but stuff like Trap is pretty generic. Like there's a standard formula.

dope, mixed well, has nice changeups, groove, etc
See this ain't a trap vs boom bap idea, it's a matter of what audience u make music for. an average person in 2020 DOES NOT use those as their factors to choose a winner. they just look for what sounds familiar and shit, u know the drill with radio, u lived longer than me. but my point is, the 90s shitter would have a better career path infront of him if he keeps making those kind of beats, EVEN THOUGH his beats suck. because his beat sounds more familiar to other radio hits.

now I'm not saying things are bad right now BY ANY MEANS, I'm saying that these people have the right to be mad at us. the problem is just that not everyone recognizes their audience. this audience doesn't look for bullshit, even though bullshit is popular right now.

btw with the boom bap / trap thing, we got to admit there used to be a slight tilt towards boom bap in the votes. it might still exist but now that we got memento and krs and pappas and ... i don't think that's a problem anymore.

YannFer

The Mr Bernard Who Laughs
Battle Points: 166
He was a true butthurt-legend of his own time... his godly appearance took place right after the Earcleaner incident.
Butthurt-legend, hahaha.
I don't understand why there's always this Boom Bap vs Trap debate here. I always vote for who's got the best beat, period. If you think a Boom Bap beat wins more than a Trap beat, maybe the Boom Bap beats posted here are just better than the Trap ones.

I'm listening for a beat that is dope, mixed well, has nice changeups, groove, etc. I've heard a lot of Trap that is robotic/generic so maybe that's what gets people. I try to listen to all flavors of beats but stuff like Trap is pretty generic. Like there's a standard formula.
I think trap is born in the Youtube tutorials era... As a result, there is a formula for it. And it's easily found... And there are great Trap beats, don't get me wrong, but people who do them, they know enough to find their style within the formula and input their own unique and creative vibe to it...
... Saying that boombap always wins here is simply not true. Last Warzone is one example.

See this ain't a trap vs boom bap idea, it's a matter of what audience u make music for. an average person in 2020 DOES NOT use those as their factors to choose a winner. they just look for what sounds familiar and shit, u know the drill with radio, u lived longer than me. but my point is, the 90s shitter would have a better career path infront of him if he keeps making those kind of beats, EVEN THOUGH his beats suck. because his beat sounds more familiar to other radio hits.

now I'm not saying things are bad right now BY ANY MEANS, I'm saying that these people have the right to be mad at us. the problem is just that not everyone recognizes their audience. this audience doesn't look for bullshit, even though bullshit is popular right now.

btw with the boom bap / trap thing, we got to admit there used to be a slight tilt towards boom bap in the votes. it might still exist but now that we got memento and krs and pappas and ... i don't think that's a problem anymore.
to some of us there is more to making music than money. Yes if you want to make money, make cookie cutter music for public consumption. But will you enjoy the process? You might enjoy the money but making music you dont like that all sounds the same can get very boring and soul draining very quickly

crog has no trouble winning with a trap beat because he makes very good trap beats

to some of us there is more to making music than money. Yes if you want to make money, make cookie cutter music for public consumption. But will you enjoy the process? You might enjoy the money but making music you dont like that all sounds the same can get very boring and soul draining very quickly
yea but that's not the point. that guy had a different and reasonable definition for "successful beat", so he had the right to be mad. he didn't have the right to yell at us like that tho.

yea but that's not the point. that guy had a different and reasonable definition for "successful beat", so he had the right to be mad. he didn't have the right to yell at us like that tho.
i dont even think he had the right to be mad, his beat was very mediocre IMO

members online