• Walidank

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Beat #1: Good melody, catchy. Flute is nice. Kick and bass sound good together. Snare is a bit piercing, could be a bit quieter. It would be good to hear a bit of a synth thrown in.

Beat #2: Smooth guitar. Drums sound a bit to the left maybe? I would like to hear the guitar in stereo just to compare. Good job on the vocal snippets.

Beat #3: Good percussion. Synth is good but I prefer when you bring in the choir part and the way everything sounds toward the end.

TWU

The.Widely.Unknown
As for beat 1, @Fade already mentioned it, the snare is on the loud side and I feel that everything could use some more variation.

Beat 2 is really dope, but lacks a solid mix. It's way too muddy. Maybe adding some high frequency texture would've finished this.

Beat 3 also dope, plenty variation to keep the listener engaged. I really like the part when the choirs come in. The only thing I would do is set the bass to mono. It kind of gives a weird effect in stereo. (I usually put a plugin on the master bus to change all frequencies below let's say 300hz (depends on the track) to mono.

(I usually put a plugin on the master bus to change all frequencies below let's say 300hz (depends on the track) to mono.
I route stereo bass channels to a mono bass bus, and my kicks to a mono kick bus then use my kick bus as a source as sidechain on the bass bus compressor

TWU

The.Widely.Unknown
I route stereo bass channels to a mono bass bus, and my kicks to a mono kick bus then use my kick bus as a source as sidechain on the bass bus compressor

Yeah, I do something similar. Most of the time I use the whole drum bus as a source to sidechain all other instruments (which I route to 1 with a compressor on it), to get clear drums without being too present in the mix. You can indeed set the kick and bass bus to mono, but I feel a plugin on the master bus gives a little more control.

members online