Finished Beat It Up! - Battle #51

Who has the best beat?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ghostnote

Producer
Battle Points: 52
beat1: very dramatic beat, I think you could eq this better, for example, the synth lacks high end and sounds to muddy for me. I think this needs overall a better mixing
beat2: i really don't like this beat. i know you were going for that out of key sound but I think this is too much out of key
beat3: the quality is trash and i don't like the drums stopping weirdly like that. overall this sound too much like stock sounds, try sampling for a more authentic vibe

Liked all 3 beats..#3 had a good beat but needs a little more keys, strings or something else in the background.
#2 is dope.. really dope...but my vote went to #1..I felt it had more things going on that intrigued my ears..overall all beats are good..great work everybody

Hmmm im here to be honest right? Beat number has my vote. It was just better than the others. Beat 3 needs more development, needs better quality sounds, and needs to be rearranged. Beat number 2 I dont know what to say. I understand what you were going for but there are absolutely no transitions whatsoever. Its continuous dissonance the entire time. Consider transitioning your music so the ears can have a rest. Especially when you are using dissonance as the main course. Beat 1 needs to be eq'ed more. The synth that was playing the melody could maybe change. I like the vibe to it though.

I went with beat 1, because it was coherent as a beat. I couldnt get into the other 2. I really struggled with no2, the clashing keys were hard for my ears. No3 sounded like some stock loops thrown together. If I had to be brutally honest, more for the showcase and not for a "battle". There is a time for entering battles, and when you are literally just starting out isnt that time. Love me or hate me, Im just being honest. Hate me now, you will love me later, I can live with that.

Beaubeats

Beau Beats
Battle Points: 3
I love the sample in number 3 but the rest of the sounds don't fit it well enough. A little more punch and drama and it could be really dope. Number 2 has a little too much dissonance. Really hard to catch a vibe off something like that. The melodies clash a bit too much pulling my ears all over the place.
Number one has my vote for all around production. It is cohesive. Has a clear direction and the mix is best of all 3.

Beat #1 : Boring... i don't think there's Any use for this beat. maybe on a video game start menu or something.
Beat #2 : this should be one of your first beats brother, there's nothing i can tell you right now to make you better, time will do better than anyone.
Beat #3 : you got better musical flavor than the other contestants, but still weak at arrangement and mixing, your drums dont sound good at all, and in total, my feedback for you is the same as my feedback for #2.

sorry, i'd rather vote for none of these beats :/

@ArvinArmani with feedback like that it becomes kind of obvious why people don't participate anymore.
I wasn't trying to be anything but honest. if people rather hear the good things about their beats All the time then they shouldn't be participating. this is the best place to get feedback, i personally rather receive feedback the way i give feedback myself, still if i disrespected anyone i'm genuinely sorry

@ArvinArmani honesty is good. I have thick skin. Don't bother me none but it can be delivered in a more respectful, constructive way, in my opinion.
oh, one of the reasons that i become a little disrespectful and i never find out is that i've mainly learned english from rap songs and new york +18 series/movies, i've learned more in the past year but still i haven't found synonims for Shitty or kickin ass or stuff like that.

by the way i didn't really understand that "Don't bother me none" part.

Last edited:

Beaubeats

Beau Beats
Well you're speaking it very well if that is the case. Makes a lot more sense why it is so direct now.

Yeah that comment "Don't bother me none" comment is a double negative. Can be confusing (and my wife can't stand it) I should have said "it doesn't bother me at all when people have a raw honest opinion for my work."

@Beaubeats After years of listening to the DITC crowd one thing that always stuck with me was "Keep it real". The problem with the world today is that too many people are overly sensitive, Ive come to the point now where I dont care about the feelings of people as long as what Im saying is true. Id rather be hated for the truth than loved for a lie, if you know what I mean. Integrity is a very rare thing in 2019.

Add to that mix the huge egos that artists have, it takes the sensitivity and multiplies by a million. One thing every single artist needs to understand is that you can please some of the people some of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. You will always have people that love what you are doing and people that hate it. Thats life, and its one of the first lessons any aspiring beatmaker needs to get to grips with, every person has their own opinion that they are entitled to, and you can take what they say or leave it, thats completely within your power.

Im not here to mollycoddle the noobs, its a tough business the music business and the sooner that lesson is learned the better.
The sooner an artist can get over their own ego, the sooner they can take constructive criticism for what it is and grow, instead of getting butthurt about it. I can only speak for myself, as I can often come across as an arsehole, but I have a lot of experience that I can share to help a producer grow, its up to anybody else if they want to take it or leave it. But in this age of people offended over their own shadow, I really couldnt care if I hurt feelings anymore. Maybe thats just me being old and bitter with the world, but I do it with the most sincere intentions, to share the knowledge that I have gained after over 20 yrs of making music.

Just keeping it real, I never intend to cause offense, but it is often taken.

Beaubeats

Beau Beats
@2GooD Productions i agree with you. Society has been watered down and made extremely soft. People get offended over the slightest things. The smallest comment they don’t like can eat away at them if they allow it to. It is a generational thing. The easier life gets the weaker humans grow. My grandparents thought my fathers generation was pathetic and I’m sure he thinks the same of mine. As I look down on the weak ones of today from a different perspective I see the same trend. But that’s the reality of it. The new generation needs to be taught in new ways just like we learned in new ways than the people before us. Without switching the format for a new audience you can not retain a new audience, or even attract them. It is easier to raise strong boys then fix weak men (and women the same). So I’m order to bridge the communicational game of generations we must approach it with a different style. My parents shit on the music I grew up with idolizing as I’m sure many of the people on here have dealt with. My parents dealt with it too. I would love to see this community grow but as long the actions of change don’t occur the results of change will never be seen. It is also fine if the site wants to remain more of a purist approach to hip hop. I can respect that 100%. But it will come to an inevitable end eventually, as all great things that have come before it which were resistant to change.

Klypse

Space Diggin..
Battle Points: 93
#1 is nice but it's sounds like you recorded in a static room..

#2 would've been at top, (for me at least) but it's not mix properly or not mix at all

#3 Add another instrument...