Beat Makers - Chop Up/Create your own breakbeats

TACTIK

The most unique producer on here
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 527
Not that I have anything against using breaks for songs...If enough different hats, kicks, snares, ect. are each mixed together from other breaks/kits, completely unique sounding drum beats can be created that no one else has. It's getting to the point where so many breaks have been looped already it's just boring to hear them used over again. Almost as boring to hear someone loop a sample in their beat that has already been sampled before!

http://audiotactics.bandcamp.com/track/maintenance

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I know what you mean. There's a lot of classic breaks like anything from James Brown or the famous Skull Snaps break, but they can only be used so much. Some songs sound great with those breaks, but I think some guys just want a great sound rather than taking the time to piece something together. But the way I see it is - if it sounds good, it doesn't bother me much.

TACTIK

The most unique producer on here
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 527
Very true, some breaks just sound perfect over some samples. Sometimes even a super dope break would sound good over almost anything...

rebel

Usually chop up breaks, but sometimes I just let it play out to give it that classic vibe

members online