BEAT TAGS

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Oh you mean how to name your beats? In that case, yeah it's hard. At this point I just give them numbers and/or dates. Because naming beats gets too repetitive.

drex

superpimp trillionaire
Battle Points: 11
I meant more like seo stuff. when a voclaist searches for tracks they either go where they know, look for a type beat, or type in key words and adjectives commonly used... like a dark beat, or a grimy beat, or a get money beat, idk... anybody with me on this?

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I meant more like seo stuff. when a voclaist searches for tracks they either go where they know, look for a type beat, or type in key words and adjectives commonly used... like a dark beat, or a grimy beat, or a get money beat, idk... anybody with me on this?
It's best to research a bit and see what others are using. What platforms are you talking about, Soundcloud? YouTube?

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
It should really be that simple though, just searching for what's out there already and using those tags and also flipping it a bit to make them a bit more unique to your sound too.

Hey drex, you talking about the keywords, they use to search a beat. I watched this video the other day, to dude touched on that. Search for Taz Taylor beats on youtube. He has a video where he explains how to name tag

OGBama

Big Clit Energy

drex

superpimp trillionaire
Battle Points: 11
also, thats a great example of gaming the system. crawlers look for keywords in text so they can report what your'e talking about... etc etc yall know the deal. he probably could have said all those words and kept it conversational. this would have given more value to his human visitors and still registered with the crawlers. a benefit of the increased value would be increased interaction, which also would have raised his ranking. everybody wants that instant weight loss pill...

also, thats a great example of gaming the system. crawlers look for keywords in text so they can report what your'e talking about... etc etc yall know the deal. he probably could have said all those words and kept it conversational. this would have given more value to his human visitors and still registered with the crawlers. a benefit of the increased value would be increased interaction, which also would have raised his ranking. everybody wants that instant weight loss pill...
One thing I've learned from doing SEO for like 8 years now is that you want everything to be made for humans. SEO is a long term thing, and humans liking your work ill always lead to views/profit. Trying to manipulate computers works until someone tweaks the search algorithm.