Beat This - April 16-17, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 170
This is a hard vote yo. This acapella thing brought out everybodys creativity. I'm 1 of the judges and after the results I'll be breaking down my choices

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
What I noticed though was the singing part was hard to integrate into the beat. I didn't listen to them all yet, I've only skipped through them when I received them. So this will be interesting to see how it's flipped.

Benjizo

Battle Points: 21
Ohh damn.I gotta say these are all dope mixes.Abundance of talent right there.Much respect and Love to all the contestants.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I usually don't give reviews for the Beat This beats and I won't here either but overall here's what I think:

I was really feeling the beats in this one. I think it was great to take an acapella and make something with it, but for me the key to winning this thing was the singing part. I would have focused first on getting an instrument or sample to be in the right key with the singing, and then work it from there since the singing was the hardest part to nail down.

Now, when I was listening I was looking to see who did what with the singing and how well they did it. @HardWireBeats's production was on point and it was nice how he integrated the singing part into his beat. However, I think the vocal track could have been much louder and the mix not so muffled. I gave him points because of what he did overall.

My favorite overall was a tie between @Menezing and @MtlMc both were super dope.

So for those that didn't place higher, don't worry it doesn't mean your beat sucked, not at all. This was very close for everyone and the singing was what I think caught everyone off guard. Thus, the challenge!

Great job everyone, stay tuned for the next one, we'll probably do another acapella.

Edit: Here's the original track for comparison:

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 170
I voted like this ....

1 HardwireBeats
2 Elev8te
3 Djfeedme
4 Benjizo
5 Cayenne

Fades focus was the singing hook, mine was keeping the vocals on beat through out the entire song...just like u would if u were an engineer. Usually, u won't be able to just drop pellas over a beat and everything run smoothly through out. You have to chop, and nudge...the same as u would do a sample. If it were not for this.. It would have been a toss up between Benjizo, Elev8te and Hardwire.Elev8te beat was the hardest, (i'd spit to it) imo, but the vibe Hardwire created for that pella fit the mood of the song too perfectly. The lyrics and flow match the vibe of his beat.

REFEM

REFEM
Battle Points: 3
I usually don't give reviews for the Beat This beats and I won't here either but overall here's what I think:

I was really feeling the beats in this one. I think it was great to take an acapella and make something with it, but for me the key to winning this thing was the singing part. I would have focused first on getting an instrument or sample to be in the right key with the singing, and then work it from there since the singing was the hardest part to nail down.

Now, when I was listening I was looking to see who did what with the singing and how well they did it. @HardWireBeats's production was on point and it was nice how he integrated the singing part into his beat. However, I think the vocal track could have been much louder and the mix not so muffled. I gave him points because of what he did overall.

My favorite overall was a tie between @Menezing and @MtlMc both were super dope.

So for those that didn't place higher, don't worry it doesn't mean your beat sucked, not at all. This was very close for everyone and the singing was what I think caught everyone off guard. Thus, the challenge!

Great job everyone, stay tuned for the next one, we'll probably do another acapella.

Edit: Here's the original track for comparison:

Menezing ! For sure , not puting down others, of course .

Congratulations to all beats On Beat This !

BOTH OF YOU, WELLDONE , BROS !

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

members online