Beat This! - April 7-8, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crispifier

The Real SlimSpaceship
Battle Points: 15
This was really unique. Everyone brought their own Hillbilly style and it worked. @Pappas Beats was right up there but @Andante took the win. Congrats!

I'm going to try and knock out a review tomorrow.
cant wait to see what your going to say about that loser in fith place...can't remember what he's called.... Crispi FIEERRE i beleive ?

and dont you dare skip it! you know.... out of some kind of moral protest or something.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I'm also proud of myself because for this battle it was the first time I automated about 90% of it, which is HUGE. Lots of database stuff I don't have to do now.

Let the server do the work!

computer GIF

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
cant wait to see what your going to say about that loser in fith place...can't remember what he's called.... Crispi FIEERRE i beleive ?

and dont you dare skip it! you know.... out of some kind of moral protest or something.
Word. I'm telling you. You need to market that name. CRISPY FEAR. That is a unique name that can go viral.

TWU

The.Widely.Unknown
I'm loving the one with Stewie at the beginning lol.

It's crazy how a hillbilly theme brings out the best of you all.

lucious lyon wtf GIF

Hey, you asked for it.

Wow, didn't expect this win.. Thanks all, appreciate it!

My top 3:
1: @Pappas Beats, beat is fire! This one really stood out. :clap:
2: @YannFer, acapella fits really nice with the beat, well done.
3: @ConspiracyMuzik, 0:26 ... :ROFLMAO:

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
Battle Points: 360
Congrats on your win @Andante

I had @ConspiracyMuzik as my #1 vote cause it was smartly made, was hip hop yet country and at the same time humorous. Well done man, not a single banjo sample redone over and over but well put together.

#2 @YannFer Had you a close second to @Crispifier, yours was clean and well made, very nice mix and the rap sat nicely. Nice beat brother.

#3 @Crispifier had you at three, was a nice bouncy beat and the rap was good enough to have a country feel on the music. nice job brother!

4th I had @2GooD Productions and coulda put him up further since he stayed real true to the theme and kept it country but I think I just enjoyed Yann and Crisps beat a tad more. Good shit 2g.

Not sure some folks stayed true to the theme, but good showing guys.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
:guillotine:

beat this hillbilly notes.PNG

beat 12 - :fire: @Andante :fire: VOTE. Dope beat. nice bounce, nice choppiness nice vibe. dope.

beat 1 - @YannFer dope work bro, you always come good.
beat 6 - @Pappas Beats dope. was fairly certain this was yours. nice drums n mix, cool vibe. good work
beat 7 - @2GooD Productions nice one of the beats i thought sounds like a proper beat but still kept the hillbilly vibe
beat 9 - @Face Valid like i said in my notes; DOPE. Probably my favourite beat in this, had a strong feeling this was yours!
beat 10 - @crog85 nice beat as always, like another beat had kinda east-asia type vibes to it
beat 13 - @xoxo_daisy__ obviously yours.

Congrats on your win @Andante

I had @ConspiracyMuzik as my #1 vote cause it was smartly made, was hip hop yet country and at the same time humorous. Well done man, not a single banjo sample redone over and over but well put together.

#2 @YannFer Had you a close second to @Crispifier, yours was clean and well made, very nice mix and the rap sat nicely. Nice beat brother.

#3 @Crispifier had you at three, was a nice bouncy beat and the rap was good enough to have a country feel on the music. nice job brother!

4th I had @2GooD Productions and coulda put him up further since he stayed real true to the theme and kept it country but I think I just enjoyed Yann and Crisps beat a tad more. Good shit 2g.

Not sure some folks stayed true to the theme, but good showing guys.
What this guy said. Except I voted for Adante. But those beats were my faves. @ConspiracyMuzik was close second.

I didn't really stick to the script on this - just couldn't handle that much banjo in my life! I watched Deliverance as a youngster and that's enough!

Honourable mention to @xoxo_daisy__ the track was really well made, great retro computer vibe.

Congrats to the top 5... Still need to go listen, just got in from work.

BTW i think im done entering battles for a while... Making beats lately is just a bore to me, Ive lost the excitement. Thought maybe a theme like this would help, but I thought wrong... shouldve spent more time on my beat, but got lazy and was just lacking motivation... same thing with the last battle, but I actually decided to enter this one... so yea, crog out
Im really struggling too. Barely making anything, I struggled on a version for this for about a week, didnt get anywhere so started again.

Status
Not open for further replies.