ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Im going to do my next beat in braille
Shit snare braille.jpg

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
In fairness I can see how/why questions about 808s got asked when drumless was the theme
It's because people are pussies with no skills who can't just man up and do the damn theme.

It really shows someone's lack of value as a producer. I've got more respect for the not so skilled prod who attempts it but doesn't do well, compared to the ones posing as good who don't have the mentality to tackle it. By miles.

As a producer, you should know/be able to find a way to create the rhythm and movement without drums. These are the sorts of challenges that really test your worth and value.

What if you got your biggest brief tomorrow from top Hip Hop artist or whoever and they said "no drums" (or whatever). You just gonna blow it?

That's why these themes are really incredible, fun and useful. They're a real test.

Dusty B

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 37
It's because people are pussies with no skills who can't just man up and do the damn theme.

It really shows someone's lack of value as a producer. I've got more respect for the not so skilled prod who attempts it but doesn't do well, compared to the ones posing as good who don't have the mentality to tackle it. By miles.

As a producer, you should know/be able to find a way to create the rhythm and movement without drums. These are the sorts of challenges that really test your worth and value.

What if you got your biggest brief tomorrow from top Hip Hop artist or whoever and they said "no drums" (or whatever). You just gonna blow it?

That's why these themes are really incredible, fun and useful. They're a real test.
I know, I like them. But I also get why @Fade gets questions.

I really love this theme. Really shows who's got skills in making a record.

Respect to those who struggle but enter.

Shame on the pussies who are scared to.
And this is where i really shine. A full production, not just a beat, and i have something really special for this one. Close to my heart.

Jimulacrum

Battle Points: 3
I really love this theme. Really shows who's got skills in making a record.

Respect to those who struggle but enter.

Shame on the pussies who are scared to.
I'm sooooooooooo new at all this but want to give it a try. I've laid out the vocals I want to use and have started to build drums for it. A little busy this weekend, but I hope to get this done in time for the competition.

If my song turns out weak, oh well. The practice is worth it.

I get the sense there won't be very many entries, so who knows? Maybe I'll have half a chance.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
I've laid out the vocals I want to use and have started to build drums for it.

Working to a sung song can be hard, the notes and chords become so important vs just working to a rap.

If my song turns out weak, oh well. The practice is worth it.

Thats the way, brother. Really gotta put yourself in the difficult waters to learn how to really swim in the deep.

I get the sense there won't be very many entries, so who knows? Maybe I'll have half a chance.

Likely. Entries been a bit low lately, especially on themes and trickier themes. But all the above included there's really only positives to gain. Win win situation.

Oakwood

Battle Points: 15
Found a old track that I practiced this exercise with before. Fits the theme with some singing vocals. The mix was bad of course. Not sure why I would arrange two different bass sounds together one being a slap bass. Cleaned that up.

djsirchuck

DJ SIRCHUCK aka SIRCHS
Oooooh, I like the sample. "Touch", great drumless intro. I can rock the shit out of this. Vocal Track you say? Hmmm, that changes my strategy. Look for an R&B track that fits the sample's mood and matches the drums. I can dig it. Admitting, I've always dealt with Hip Hop and not actual singing. The only "singing" I deal with is in the vocal snippets, so this is another beast that is going to require vocal mastering. Admitting, I'm pretty new to making an R&B track, but I got some flavors. I accept your challenge. Good Luck peoples! Lets give um some heat!

Battle Points: 4
Excited for this one, finally got a new beat made for this vocal battle, gotta finish up some final touches on my track tonight
Homer Simpson Cooking GIF

djsirchuck

DJ SIRCHUCK aka SIRCHS
So far the replies have been:
  • Can I use random singing sounds?
  • Can the beat be 12 hours long?
  • I don't like this theme but I'm going to reply anyway.
  • Can I make this beat in my underwear?
  • What is "singing"?
  • Can it just be Zulu war chants instead of sin

I like the Zulu idea. Have like tribal screams and yelps incorporated into the beat. :fire:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.