Beat This! Competition - October 5-6, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghali World

Battle Points: 1
Thanks for the heads up Fade. I missed Battle That, and now i'm might to have to sit out Beat This. I'm finishing up a track for a beat challenge and I'm still a day away. Maybe I'll have time. Anyway, I'll post my submission here for feedback when I'm done.

TWU

The.Widely.Unknown
GIF by Bounce

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Fade's Lubed-Up Review:

@2GooD Productions - Tight mix. I like how "I like it" blends in well. Drums are dope, good pattern. Nice transitions.

@5ivestar_nc - Good job on the parts of the song you sampled. The "Yo Yo" is good but a bit much throughout. Drums are dope. Good vibe overall.

@A.R. DASUPASTAR - You have a good foundation and I like how you have stuff bouncing left to right. I just wanted to hear more of the Sanford & Son parts. They're a bit too low in the mix.

@DJ Excellence - Dope drums. I want to hear a bassline though! The only thing is there's not enough of Sanford & Son in there to really hear.

@DPrezd Beggar - Drums are dope but a bit too high up in the mix instead of blending more with the bass. I like melody overall, sounds really gutter.

@InsideOutBeats - Good job on when the drums drop in, I didn't expect that. The loop seems a bit off, no? But I like the parts of the sample you used. I'd like to hear the low end a bit more.

@Iron Keys - The kick has a good low end. I wish there was more to the bassline though. The samples used are dope, good use of spacing in the mix.

@Mefisto Beats - I'm not sure about the bassline blending in with the rest of the music. It seems okay, maybe just slightly off key? I find it grabs my ear a bit more than the rest of the music. Drums are dope, and good sample placement.

@NonxG - Good intro. Drums sound really good. Subtle use of the samples but it works. It would have been nice to have more of a lead sample. The mix is on point. Nice job on the vocal snippets and scratches.

@Primz - I like the sample you used. I can definitely hear someone rapping over this. A bit too much with the changeups, but still dope. I think the bassline should pop a bit more.

@silenceotm - Solid beat. Good drum and bass combo. The way you bring in the samples is good, I just think it's slightly out of key maybe? It's hard to tell sometimes when mixing samples and synths.

@TWU - I like the reverb + delay combo, it works really well. The slow drum pattern is dope. I think the bassline should be a bit busier in order to fill that low end since there's a lot of highs with that reverb + delay.

@UncleKev - Drums are nice but could pop a bit more. Good use of the samples, the beat is catchy and a headnodder.

@Vtrain56 - I like the sample you used but love to have heard it in stereo. Drums sound good, nice scratches. The panning is good but could definitely be smoother.

@Walidank - Did you replay the Sanford sounds? Drums are good, good percussion. I just find the beat focuses a bit too much on the drums rather than the sample.

@Willybeamens - It sounds like you took maybe just a short part of the sample? It's hard to tell. Be careful of that kick, it's in the red! Good melody, nice transitions but I don't really hear any of the Sanford & Son song.

A.R. DASUPASTAR

A.R. DASUPASTAR
Battle Points: 104
Fade's Lubed-Up Review:

@2GooD Productions - Tight mix. I like how "I like it" blends in well. Drums are dope, good pattern. Nice transitions.

@5ivestar_nc - Good job on the parts of the song you sampled. The "Yo Yo" is good but a bit much throughout. Drums are dope. Good vibe overall.

@A.R. DASUPASTAR - You have a good foundation and I like how you have stuff bouncing left to right. I just wanted to hear more of the Sanford & Son parts. They're a bit too low in the mix.

@DJ Excellence - Dope drums. I want to hear a bassline though! The only thing is there's not enough of Sanford & Son in there to really hear.

@DPrezd Beggar - Drums are dope but a bit too high up in the mix instead of blending more with the bass. I like melody overall, sounds really gutter.

@InsideOutBeats - Good job on when the drums drop in, I didn't expect that. The loop seems a bit off, no? But I like the parts of the sample you used. I'd like to hear the low end a bit more.

@Iron Keys - The kick has a good low end. I wish there was more to the bassline though. The samples used are dope, good use of spacing in the mix.

@Mefisto Beats - I'm not sure about the bassline blending in with the rest of the music. It seems okay, maybe just slightly off key? I find it grabs my ear a bit more than the rest of the music. Drums are dope, and good sample placement.

@NonxG - Good intro. Drums sound really good. Subtle use of the samples but it works. It would have been nice to have more of a lead sample. The mix is on point. Nice job on the vocal snippets and scratches.

@Primz - I like the sample you used. I can definitely hear someone rapping over this. A bit too much with the changeups, but still dope. I think the bassline should pop a bit more.

@silenceotm - Solid beat. Good drum and bass combo. The way you bring in the samples is good, I just think it's slightly out of key maybe? It's hard to tell sometimes when mixing samples and synths.

@TWU - I like the reverb + delay combo, it works really well. The slow drum pattern is dope. I think the bassline should be a bit busier in order to fill that low end since there's a lot of highs with that reverb + delay.

@UncleKev - Drums are nice but could pop a bit more. Good use of the samples, the beat is catchy and a headnodder.

@Vtrain56 - I like the sample you used but love to have heard it in stereo. Drums sound good, nice scratches. The panning is good but could definitely be smoother.

@Walidank - Did you replay the Sanford sounds? Drums are good, good percussion. I just find the beat focuses a bit too much on the drums rather than the sample.

@Willybeamens - It sounds like you took maybe just a short part of the sample? It's hard to tell. Be careful of that kick, it's in the red! Good melody, nice transitions but I don't really hear any of the Sanford & Son song.
The baseline is also Sanford &Son chopped and rearranged

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
Battle Points: 22
Gz @Iron Keys , dope flip got my vote. Was a bit heavy on the left side, maybe its my headphones, maybe the sample. But overall good use of the sounds.

@5ivestar_nc Yoyoyoyoyoyoyooyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyo, jk xd Dope flip too, all the Yo's reminded me of Urbz: Sims in the City i played waaaay back in the days. Keep it up.

@UncleKev Nice flip, bruv. You went the safe route with your sampling but spiced it up with all the little elements like chimes and COWBELLS. Nice vibe overall.

@silenceotm Good job, a really interesting approach, almost has the club vibes. Dope 808 slides and choice of drums, especially that every 2nd snare hits a bit louder(atleast i think it does) gives it a nice overall touch. Keep goin!

@NonxG Turning a funky track into a zombie theme is something, i feel it could ve been a bit darker but nice how you utilized the sounds. Keep it up.

@2GooD Productions Dunno how you missed the top spots with this beat, i think you found a new approach, make bangers but dont place. Jk, almost got my vote, but Irons beat had that little something that made me vote for it. Good job on this one, would ve def deserved a higher placement imo.

@A.R. DASUPASTAR I can see where you kinda wanted to go with this, i feel like theres something missing like some variations in the drums etc. I like that pumping bass tho, kinda gives a unnerving feeling.

@DJ Excellence Dope drums and cuts you have there, wish you would ve utilized more of the track to fill you beat, feels a little bit empty.

@DPrezd Beggar GIT GUD, NOOB!

@InsideOutBeats Your beat kinda unfolds when you listen to it multiple times, first listen was like: "Mhhhh, dunno man" but then on second listen: "Ahhh yeah now i get it". Kinda reminded me of some comedy show type stuff where people run around at 2x speed and do funny shit without talking a single word.

@Mefisto Beats Dope drums, kinda Rock/Metal type. I feel like if you would ve left out the Ruff Ryders passing by on their bikes it would ve helped to rise up the dopeness factor of your beat.

@Primz Another beat that should atleast be in runner ups imo, Good job, brethren.

@TWU Nice cuts, fr. I think the processing of the samples went slightly over the top, the echo/delay and the really high freq hits kinda draw way too much attention. If they were a bit more in the background it would bang more imo.

@Vtrain56 Mad props that you used the same bit fro,m the track as i did, you know wuzz good. Also you build in scratches. If you would ve managed to kinda center the bits from the track, so they fill out the whole stereo range, it would ve been a beat to watch out for.

@Walidank Didnt feel this one, i liked that "clock ticking" sounds tho, you need to utilize them in your future work, dunno if its just me but your entry felt like it had a weird or no timing at all. BUT i like that you aint afraid of experimenting and showing it, keep it up and do be discouraged, we all miss the mark sometimes.

@Willybeamens Dope beat actually, kinda too heavy on the bass freqs, needs to be EQd way more. Plus its difficult to hear if you even used a sample of the Sanford track, i think i heard it in the left headphone speaker a bit. But for you the same as @Walidank keep experimenting, we have too much ppl going safe routes with what they do (which isnt wrong) so its nice to see more ppl testing the limits. Keep it up.

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
Battle Points: 22
Status
Not open for further replies.