Beat This! - December 1-2, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
These beats... they sound like they were made by...

Area 51 Aliens GIF by Sky HISTORY UK

@Andante Voted for ya at the last minute. Loved how alien and sick it sounded.
@nottr ur shit was lit, I originally voted for it, but then changed because it didn't sound "alien" enough for me, yk? especially compared to andantes.
@Iron Keys I immediately recognized ur thing, I love the thing u did with bass and piano at the same time. the arps gave it away btw in case u wanna know. again lit but not alien enough.
@MICCHEKS1212 that beat was FIRE but bro it has absolutely nothing to do with the theme. It'd have owned a themeless battle.

almost every entry was dope, again thanks to the theme. these are the ones that stood out for me.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
My dirtyass reviews:

@Andante - Very nice sounds. Kick is heavy but fits this theme very well. This is like a cross between Hip Hop and Dr. Who. Maybe?

@Armani - This was a fun beat because of the video game sounds. I'm not sure if aliens would be playing Super Mario when they could be time traveling though.

@crog85 - This is probably the most Hip Hop out of the bunch. Great sounds you used, nice changeups and variation. I'm picturing a space battle with this beat in a movie.

@Face Valid - Smooth beat. I would have gone with something darker but it was dark enough. I can picture aliens.

@guitardep - Nice low end and voices! Reminds me of something from the 80's though, but then again these could be aliens stuck in the 80s making this. Who knows.

@GuttaTennekey - Scary beat. I like it. Reminds me of the movie The Thing. Good mix.

@iDeaLoGiK - Nice drum work. I like the random sounds. Sounds a bit too much on the horror side but I still sense an alien presence.

@InnerThug - Dope intro. Hype beat. A bit on the horror side too more than space aliens, but it could definitely fit. Nice drums and low end. Solid mix.

@Iron Keys - Aliens riding with the top down by the beach while zapping Crips and Bloods with phasers. You managed to add your West Coast bounce into it lol. Nice one.

@Mahlhavoc - Very "industrial" sounding. More of an EDM sound but definitely on the alien vibe. I'm picturing aliens tripping balls on this while probing victims with glow sticks.

@MICCHEKS1212 - Very nice piano. Not too much on the alien vibe but I can see it playing on a spaceship. Nice drums, good mix too.

@nottr - Solid drums hitting hard. I think this really shows what aliens can do. I'm picturing an alien leaning over an MPC banging this out.

@Ruff Dug - LOL nice title. This sounds like beautiful noise an alien would make. I can see this in an alien movie when some poor bastard is running around the ship all confused.

@Vossi Beats - Nice and smooth mix on this one. Very laid back but I think too laid back for aliens. Unless those aliens are high AF, which you probably were too! Solid tight mix and nice sounds used.

@xoxo_daisy__ - This one would be better if everything was lined up! It just seems off, but it could also be aliens trying to figure out FL Studio, which is more complicated than flying a spaceship.

My dirtyass reviews:

@Andante - Very nice sounds. Kick is heavy but fits this theme very well. This is like a cross between Hip Hop and Dr. Who. Maybe?

@Armani - This was a fun beat because of the video game sounds. I'm not sure if aliens would be playing Super Mario when they could be time traveling though.

@crog85 - This is probably the most Hip Hop out of the bunch. Great sounds you used, nice changeups and variation. I'm picturing a space battle with this beat in a movie.

@Face Valid - Smooth beat. I would have gone with something darker but it was dark enough. I can picture aliens.

@guitardep - Nice low end and voices! Reminds me of something from the 80's though, but then again these could be aliens stuck in the 80s making this. Who knows.

@GuttaTennekey - Scary beat. I like it. Reminds me of the movie The Thing. Good mix.

@iDeaLoGiK - Nice drums work. I like the random sounds. Sounds a bit too much on the horror side but I still sense an alien presence.

@InnerThug - Dope intro. Hype beat. A bit on the horror side too more than space aliens, but it could definitely fit. Nice drums and low end. Solid mix.

@Iron Keys - Aliens riding with the top down by the beach while zapping Crips and Bloods with phasers. You managed to add your West Coast bounce into it lol. Nice one.

@Mahlhavoc - Very "industrial" sounding. More of an EDM sound but definitely on the alien vibe. I'm picturing aliens tripping balls on this while probing victims with glow sticks.

@MICCHEKS1212 - Very nice piano. Not too much on the alien vibe but I can see it playing on a spaceship. Nice drums, good mix too.

@nottr - Solid drums hitting hard. I think this really shows what aliens can do. I'm picturing an alien leaning over an MPC banging this out.

@Ruff Dug - LOL nice title. This sounds like beautiful noise an alien would make. I can see this in an alien movie when some poor bastard is running around the ship all confused.

@Vossi Beats - Nice and smooth mix on this one. Very laid back but I think too laid back for aliens. Unless those aliens are high AF, which you probably were too! Solid tight mix and nice sounds used.

@xoxo_daisy__ - This one would be better if everything was lined up! It just seems off, but it could also be aliens trying to figure out FL Studio, which is more complicated than flying a spaceship.
ig the hans zimmer tip was bullshit lol

Well done everyone! Cheers @Fade per usual for putting it on.
@Andante Voted for you-the twinkly digital bells for me created a kind of east coast 90s vibe, added to it the swinging beat and i was head nodding away to it-thought it was a real beaut.
@Mahlhavoc had voted for this at one point. technically i thought it sounded really nice but after some contemplation felt that it wasn't quite as good as @crog85 who had a similar vibe.
@crog85 this one i'd also almost voted for.the panning on the mix was a delight and the keyboards and 808s had me grooving away. Thought it was a real banger nice work. I would dial back the lazers a little though.
@iDeaLoGiK Snap on the name-mine was close encounter also ;) the mix was really solid on this.
@MICCHEKS1212 i enjoyed this alot. nice 808s. Loved the piano the most, the delay on it created a spacey groove-good work
@Vossi Beats this was one of my favourites. i thought it, and maybe crog, had the nicest sounding mixes but obviously 2 v different styles. this sounded soo lush though nicely played. they keyboard was a real beaut-i'll be saving it to play again in the future. every element stood apart nicely creating a lovely broad soundscape i enjoyed it alot.

Fair play to those who voted for mines-was really surprised to see it in there. I might go back and make a few changes to it when i get the time as i felt there was maybe something nice in there but just rushed it along to get it in on time. Some of the synths on it i'd have liked to cut in and out of as if scratching records and punching in the sound but i'm not sure if this is easily done on the MPC-anyone know?
hqdefault (1).jpg

Last edited:

iDeaLoGiK

Disservice With a Smile
Battle Points: 57
Good work everyone, congrats Adante on the win
high five mars attacks GIF

I'm seriously considering doing a 70 bar flex piece to mine that I've been sitting on for years, complete with dated references about the drake/meek mill beef because it goes too well to not. Well, that is when I actually get the chance to record. Maybe on winter layoff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online