Beat This! - February 17-18, 2016

Who has the best beat? (Theme: HORNS) (Beats are below)

• Asaph Music Pro

• Get@chu Prod.

• Hardboiled

• HuggyHG

• Jen

• Joeburnem

• NONONSENSEBEATS

• Spuntastic

• Thomas Flores

• Tomkillsjerry

• Virtchu

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crog85

Back to the Grind...
Battle Points: 835
@hardboiled bringing the heat as usual. Great beat, lots of energy.

@joeburnem just bobbin my head to this one. Nice beat... I might have to vote for this one ;)

@Spuntastic probably my favorite beat. You sure you made this? Sounds like you traveled back in time, sat in the back of a dark, smoky jazz/blues club, and recorded a live band... Sounds really good.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Next time I'm going to make a separate thread or something for the voting so no one gets confused.

I didn't vote yet - when you guys voted did it show you the results?

Spuntastic

cinephile/beatmaker
Battle Points: 82
@Spuntastic probably my favorite beat. You sure you made this? Sounds like you traveled back in time, sat in the back of a dark, smoky jazz/blues club, and recorded a live band... Sounds really good.

thanks man. well it's sample based, so there's this fundamental debate if sampling is stealing or not. It sounds like a straight recording, but it's chopped and I did the drums plus the bassline that kicks in at around 0:50. The most difficult thing was treating the samples in the right way though. It was pretty hard to lower the bass and the drums in the sample but maintain the full sound of all the other instruments. Mastering was a real pain too

I think my vote goes to Joeburnem, but I wanna listen to all beats again one last time before I make the vote, what i'm gonna do now

Spuntastic

cinephile/beatmaker
Battle Points: 82
virtchu's joint is pretty damn nice too. I dig that vibe and the voice sample is just on point.
nononsensebeats' also has a nice swing vibe
I like the melodys in asaph's beat, but i'm missing some reverb to make it flow a bit more
tomkillsjerry's is dope too, i'm missing the theme a bit tho

it's really hard but I think my final vote goes to virtchu. joeburnem's is super dope but that flow in V-Day Flow just got me

JP hardboiled

Find Your Fight
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 297
@Get@chu prod. - great horns and sounds solid overall, nice 808s

@huggyHG - really great drums patterns, superior rhythm

@Jen real nice on this 1, it's a great beat for a song. Def the right rapper will do good on it

@Spuntastic - this beat has the most character and soul, the right rapper would light it up! And breakdancers would want to break to it! 1 thing though is there seem to be no real catchy part or chorus but nice job

@joeburnem - great to hear some nice sample flippage and solid hip hop drums

Last edited:

crog85

Back to the Grind...
Battle Points: 835
I am missing something... Nothing against anyone who finished in the top 5, but from what I see Asaph Music Pro & NONONSENSEBEATS have zero votes, but still made it into the top 5... joeburnem, hardboiled & huggyHG had 2 votes each and didn't make it into the top 5... Whats up with that?

NONONSENSEBEATS

NononsenseBeats
Battle Points: 237
I am missing something... Nothing against anyone who finished in the top 5, but from what I see Asaph Music Pro & NONONSENSEBEATS have zero votes, but still made it into the top 5... joeburnem, hardboiled & huggyHG had 2 votes each and didn't make it into the top 5... Whats up with that?
Thanks for pointing out I had no votes btw lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online