Beat This! - January 12-13, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Da Archangels congrats on the win! I voted here, on top of a great production, it was that sample at the end of the bar that kept me thinking is it gonna come, is it gonna, is it, BOOM there it is! drew me in, well done.

@Ariskope great all around, and nice 'Olympic feel' but that beat had be like 'LETS GO!'. A lets get shit done beat!

@Iron Keys Man the whole vibe on this and creative, selective choice of 'Gold' and commentary vocal sample snippets went so well. This and two above had me torn between vote for a while.

@Face Valid Great beat, had like a going to battle feel to it but just not enough 'Olympic' feel for me. (lets not get back into that debate) Damn fine production though and as i said earlier if this wasnt Olympic themed it would be a hard vote as so many fire beats.

@Tarboosh Record Superb production, really enjoyed this although as previously mentioned not enough 'Olympic' theme feel for me. I could envision an Olympic video compilation of the highs and lows and comedic with this beat. Well done to yourself and @Da Archangels for newcomers smashing it, great additions to the competition. Sadly i have dropped even lower down the pecking order. Learning from you all at all times.

Well done to all other entries, too late to leave feedback.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
I'ma be real.

I really love my beat.

And that's significant because I've been plagued with a lot of self critique lately.

I'm really surprised how well the mix/sound turned out, if I've stumbled onto a new way of mixing, I'm equally pleasantly surprised and concerned...

I produced+mixed with a highpass filter cutting the bass, and my soundcard turned down to this...
1642116136223.png

I then finished the mix in headphones, when I haven't produced/mixed or even listened to headphones for year/s.

But if this is the method for a great sound, I might have to roll with it!

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
Battle Points: 360
I @Mahlhavoc also know “redneck” was originally an Irish slur.
Actually no, it was the Scottish who wore red bandanas around their necks while fighting the king of England, wasn't an Irish slur, it was used mostly to slur white people who werent educated in the south.

You can actually look this up pretty easily. But, it was for the white folks working the fields, mainly. Now it is just used to slur any white person with a gun rack in their vehicle and a southern accent as automatically ignorant, racist, and a wife beater etc. But the slur is acceptable in society, even our own government.

Anyhow, carry on.

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
I cant wait to get home to hear these beats proper... from the crappy speakers I been using many still were straight fire.

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
Battle Points: 22
Actually no, it was the Scottish who wore red bandanas around their necks while fighting the king of England, wasn't an Irish slur, it was used mostly to slur white people who werent educated in the south.

You can actually look this up pretty easily. But, it was for the white folks working the fields, mainly. Now it is just used to slur any white person with a gun rack in their vehicle and a southern accent as automatically ignorant, racist, and a wife beater etc. But the slur is acceptable in society, even our own government.

Anyhow, carry on.
Dang, i always thought that came from the workers being in the sun getting a sunburned neck, hence redneck..

Glad to learn something new.

Ariskope

Battle Points: 12
Je vais être réel.

J'aime vraiment mon rythme .

Et c'est important parce que j'ai été en proie à beaucoup d'autocritiques ces derniers temps.

Je suis vraiment surpris de la qualité du mix/son, si je suis tombé sur une nouvelle façon de mixer, je suis tout aussi agréablement surpris et inquiet...

J'ai produit+mixé avec un filtre passe-haut coupant les basses, et ma carte son s'est rabattue sur ça...
View attachment 6207
J'ai ensuite terminé le mix au casque, alors que je n'ai pas produit/mixé ni même écouté au casque depuis des années.

Mais si c'est la méthode pour un bon son, je vais peut-être devoir faire avec !
I voted for your beat, it's too hot and for me, really above the rest. The mix is crazy.
I didn't understand your mixing method. What did you actually do?

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
I voted for your beat, it's too hot and for me, really above the rest. The mix is crazy.
I didn't understand your mixing method. What did you actually do?

I appreciate you, my brother!

Ha, I essentially was trying to not wake people up. Had the music realllllllly quiet, EQd the bass out etc. Mixed and produced on my monitors like that for a bit, before switching to headphones. (but I don't like mixing in headphones and haven't attempted to do so for years!)

COOL J.

Battle Points: 10
View attachment 6203
I did just that. I didn't think the new theme should be anything like the old. I don't like that whole fanfare type of vibe. Not one bit.
So when you say you should vote in the theme then who is to say the new Olympics theme would be something like the old one?
Sometimes what you need is something completely new.
Clearly most people thought somewhat the same since almost no one went with the vibe of the old theme. But still many of them were "Olympic" to my ears even without the fanfares and heroic vibe.

You left it open to interpretation with the whole "what you think".
well said

Looks like the Ghetto will never get to host the Olympics. Well well. Another win to the white overlords. Fucking white people. Pale ass red haired parsnip looking skin type motherfuckers.
i hope they choke on their mayonnaise

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
Looks like the Ghetto will never get to host the Olympics. Well well. Another win to the white overlords. Fucking white people. Pale ass red haired parsnip looking skin type motherfuckers.
hahahahah!! funniest shit I read in awhile... and 2goods reply was priceless.
dead wink martindale GIF

2infamouz

Mad Beats, No Angry Vegetables
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 10
NOTE how the TOP 3 beats all had "Gold" in their title...!

Winners mentality
:smart:
All gold that's a Tripp lol. I'll pretend u mean my beat was top 3 lmfao.

As far as the conversation following the results...since fade is aging me ima just agree with the kids these days. It's lit. Turn up.
(Is that how u use those???)

Idk if this breaks the rules or not. My grandkids are still learning me on the computer. Doesn't make it any less underwhelming compared to the fire u guys all dropped, but here's that beat with the transition fx turned on lmao :

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online