Beat This! - January 17-18, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATR360

ReZoUnD
Battle Points: 42
Got my vote in, really feeling this person's piano skill. Feels organic, if names come out would like to know if it was original...if not you tricked me.

Dilla didnt quantize but Im no Dilla. One of them is probably mine. Im still learning about little things like that.
@Beat Jockeys , yeah none of the producers I know including myself quantizes music anymore..i use mixing software plug-ins and good panning and track separation is all I do...quantizing is mainly used in big studios before the music goes into cd duplication...but for your home studio it's not necessary...MY OPINION

ATR360

ReZoUnD
@Beat Jockeys , yeah none of the producers I know including myself quantizes music anymore..i use mixing software plug-ins and good panning and track separation is all I do...quantizing is mainly used in big studios before the music goes into cd duplication...but for your home studio it's not necessary...MY OPINION
If some one changing the timing in my production they better have a very technical reason and it has to keep the swing of the beat. In Big studios or independent ones, usually quantizing (pocketing) is used on live instruments like a band. Its to keep the bands feel tight, a member could be having an off day. Theres a reason why "MPC" is popular and samples give a organic feel to the track because its not perfect timing more of a feel when you chop and position. James Brown was one to changed the feel in traditional playing. But there is a huge difference in being off timing on feel rather than just being off. Theres a percentage value on quantizing for a reason. @DEEZ BEATZ I love your feel on some of your tracks I couldn't see a reason to change its timing. I know this a long winded reply but hopefully others can benefit from its reading.

If some one changing the timing in my production they better have a very technical reason and it has to keep the swing of the beat. In Big studios or independent ones, usually quantizing (pocketing) is used on live instruments like a band. Its to keep the bands feel tight, a member could be having an off day. Theres a reason why "MPC" is popular and samples give a organic feel to the track because its not perfect timing more of a feel when you chop and position. James Brown was one to changed the feel in traditional playing. But there is a huge difference in being off timing on feel rather than just being off. Theres a percentage value on quantizing for a reason. @DEEZ BEATZ I love your feel on some of your tracks I couldn't see a reason to change its timing. I know this a long winded reply but hopefully others can benefit from its reading.
@Beat Jockeys , very good response bruh. I use mpc as well, and thanks for the props

ATR360

ReZoUnD
Dilla didnt quantize but Im no Dilla. One of them is probably mine. Im still learning about little things like that.
I remember making a beat for the first time @guitar center on a korg trinity and Ive been playing more on the recording side but when I sequenced on a work station and the GT staff was digging it, he asked can I do something to it...I said sure and he quantized some melodies and a little on the drums and was shocked at the big deference it made. So in that said, make sure what ever you do its for a reason not because so and so does it.

Moselly

Beatmaker
Battle Points: 32
I don’t think there is anything wrong with being on the grid. It all depends on what direction your ideal is going and what the creator likes. If you want that human error characteristic then do it if not then don’t

ATR360

ReZoUnD
I don’t think there is anything wrong with being on the grid. It all depends on what direction your ideal is going and what the creator likes. If you want that human error characteristic then do it if not then don’t
Thats exactly my point, but traditionally pop is grid driving. What you said here is what I would say to any one saying there only one proper (professional) way of doing it. Here! Here!

Silentz

Boom Bap addict
Battle Points: 113
I guess its back to the lab. I made my beat in probably 30 minutes which is a new record for me. I was dealing with my hard drive crashing so I was in hurry mode trying to do everything on my wifes laptop which had no audio programs at all on it. I finally got it ready about 945 the morning of submission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online