Beat This! - January 27-28, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eze.K

Battle Points: 5
How many submissions are being accepted? Not by each person but overall. Is it only five people?

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 543
Whaaat. Bro im terrified to try. Such a dope track and im not even close to good when it comes to sampling but my gut says gooo for it

yeah man,do it! One of the reasons I started entering Beat This was that! I weren't a sampler type producer, trying to enter themes/battles that were uncomfortable to me - because it offers opportunity to grow, and also maybe you'll do better than you think, and it opens up more possibilities for you, and also sometimes you can be more creative when you have less clue or habit.

And even this one for me, I was excited about the song - terrified by the tempo (in regards to how I want to approach it on illmuzik) shit falls between any real hiphop tempo range so gonna be tricky. Almost thought I should skip it, but nooo... I MUST!!! And YOU must!!! Do it!

JenkX Beats

Battle Points: 1
yeah man,do it! One of the reasons I started entering Beat This was that! I weren't a sampler type producer, trying to enter themes/battles that were uncomfortable to me - because it offers opportunity to grow, and also maybe you'll do better than you think, and it opens up more possibilities for you, and also sometimes you can be more creative when you have less clue or habit.

And even this one for me, I was excited about the song - terrified by the tempo (in regards to how I want to approach it on illmuzik) shit falls between any real hiphop tempo range so gonna be tricky. Almost thought I should skip it, but nooo... I MUST!!! And YOU must!!! Do it!
Damn I love this site already. Like minded conversations to which i dont have to explain how my thoughts work or why I even do this.my Inner circle is so hard to reach it is discouraging. I appreciate the feedback Keys. Really do. Im going to give it a go and see what happens. Good luck fam

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Damn I love this site already. Like minded conversations to which i dont have to explain how my thoughts work or why I even do this.my Inner circle is so hard to reach it is discouraging. I appreciate the feedback Keys. Really do. Im going to give it a go and see what happens. Good luck fam

Good luck to you too, fam.

Welcome to the ill, sounds like you've found the right place to be. Make yourself at home. And remember, (as hard as it is to remember at times for some of us :blackeye: ) these battles are just a bit of fun n games, so just have fun - but they're also a really good resource/oppurtunity to practice and learn. If you enter a lot of Beat This you'll have a big catalogue of tracks by the end of the year too! But like I said, take it all in your stride n just have fun!

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
How many submissions are being accepted? Not by each person but overall. Is it only five people?

On average Beat This has between 20-27 people enter. Can be less on more tricky themes tho.

What if its edm/trap type beat?

This is a Hip-Hop site.

Trap is fine, but I'd suggest keeping it to the hip-hop side of things as opposed to the EDM side. I dunno if Fade will ever state so bluntly, but he does remind you this is a Hip-Hop site and many members will likely avoid voting for anything EDM.

I personally only vote for Hip-Hop here, whether it's BoomBap, Trap, or anything inbetween (i believe that's kinda the rule anyway). For me, any edm goes in the bin.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
It's all for fun. Yes, everyone wants to win but you have to approach any battle with it being 50/50 of fun and wanting to win. If you're all serious and don't win then you'll be pissed off an annoyed, which we've seen here many times.

Everyone has to remember that above all, it's about learning. So even if your beat sucks and you can't chop the acapella properly, or it doesn't line up exactly with your beat, that's fine. You have to at least try it or you'll never know how to do it.

As for EDM.... this is a Hip Hop site, period. Yes, there's been times where members submitted an EDM-type of beat and I let it in anyway because I don't have time to decide what's HipHop/EDM/Trap, etc because sometimes it's borderline. So I let them in but if it's not Hip Hop, it's not placing.

Lightbackdrew

LbD...
Battle Points: 47
1611468135172.png
Do it!!! No guts, no glory!!! Welcome!!

Maybe it's time to start using that lube when you go out with strangers?
ok now you're just bullshittin. I'm weird but not THAT weird, u know? like why'd I ever do anal with anyone outside my family?

On average Beat This has between 20-27 people enter. Can be less on more tricky themes tho.

This is a Hip-Hop site.

Trap is fine, but I'd suggest keeping it to the hip-hop side of things as opposed to the EDM side. I dunno if Fade will ever state so bluntly, but he does remind you this is a Hip-Hop site and many members will likely avoid voting for anything EDM.

I personally only vote for Hip-Hop here, whether it's BoomBap, Trap, or anything inbetween (i believe that's kinda the rule anyway). For me, any edm goes in the bin.
trap aint EDM bro the hell lmao i make alot of trap here ..although its slower tempo trap hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online