Beat This! - January 27-28, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
@Iron Keys That's what I was going to say. Let's not forget you're voting for a Hip Hop beat. I know some were in a different area with this theme so the outcome may not be as expected, but it's still interesting to see how everyone flipped it.

Next time we'll stick to a straight up rap vocal.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
The results might be a little crazy.

crazy the simpsons GIF

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
:this:
There was 2 I really liked, but ruled out because of this. But very happy with the Hip Hop one I voted for!
Not trying to start a debate, but It's all still subjective (what is or what isn't) If you like it, vote for it. The track I voted for could easily be mistaken for, or made into a Deep House track (depending on the drum pattern). You and I could of voted for the same track, you hear it as more hip hop but I hear it as something else.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Not trying to start a debate, but It's all still subjective (what is or what isn't) If you like it, vote for it. The track I voted for could easily be mistaken for, or made into a Deep House track (depending on the drum pattern). You and I could of voted for the same track, you hear it as more hip hop but I hear it as something else.

To an extent, but some things are quite clearly not Hip-Hop.

Can't even blame the acapella either. It's not the hardest to *not make a house track*

Otherwise Fade may as well change the website colours to pink and neon green and change the name to pillmuzik .com
As otherwise what's stopping people all just uploading house/edm every battle? and if people are voting for it; which seeing as its stated many time - Hip-Hop site. Submit Hip-Hop.

TACTIK

The most unique producer on here
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 527
for me the dnb one if it had a slight change in it i coulda seen like a jayz or kanye vocal coming in. vibes.

There's a few i listen to on there and ask myself 'could i hear a rap vocal come in on this, in a way that makes it sound hiphop'. Most is a no tho haha.
180 BPM is a 90 BPM in hip hop reality with DnB. DnB was originated from hip hop breaks X2 speed. If you don't understand how to rap to a DnB beat because there are too many snares freaking you out or something. Your mind set on Kanye or JayZ with your feedback isnt offensive to me at all, just wrong and unecessary...maybe you need to try something new and expand what you can do.

Vossi Beats

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 238
This is just my opinion and you are free to disagree, but a good judge is one that knows how to vote objectively, unbiased and influenced from personal experience rather than personal taste in the voting.

TACTIK

The most unique producer on here
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 527
If I was new to this site, the HOME page doesn't say hip hop and the battle rules didn't say hip hop anywhere. Since not everyone is submitting hip hop bests always. So any kind of beat this track here should be accepted as just a "REMIX" which I'm cool with after knowing how to DJ and try to blow everyones mind away with stuff they probably never thought of.

If Fade won't accept something, he can delete it. If it makes it to the voting page, then so be it. So just because people dont know how to rhyme twice as slow to a fast x2 beat that isn't familiar to their flow or mathematics doesn't mean it's a no.

Last edited:

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
180 BPM is a 90 BPM in hip hop reality with DnB. DnB was originated from hip hop breaks X2 speed. If you don't understand how to rap to a DnB beat because there are too many snares freaking you out or something. Your mind set on Kanye or JayZ with your feedback isnt offensive to me at all, just wrong and unecessary...maybe you need to try something new and expand what you can do.

Why you getting offended about Jay Z and Kanye - I liked the track, I liked the vibe, I was even gonna use the term 'anthem' in regards to it. I could just hear a Jay Z or Kanye on this. In a good way. *shrugs*

I'm in the mall with my camel and I ball with fade
One day, y'all wanted to be rappers on these stages
Cuz this shit turned to a rap battle in 5 mins mate
Then only 16 subs? depressing to be on this page
But I'm a G so I turned marvin gaye to arvin gay

*Drops mic, stylishly*

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online