Beat This! - January 27-28, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

TACTIK

The most unique producer on here
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 527
Beat Maker Community.

Never heard these edm house lots 'making beats'. or calling themselves 'Beat Makers' it's more a hip-hop vernacular in my experience.
DnB is not EDM. Adjusting Marvin's transpose to 4st and 48 detune is way lower than a chipmunk sounding kanye beat. You don't know how to compare and contrast when you just wanna talk ish. Get over it

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
If I was new to this site, the HOME page doesn't say hip hop and the battle rules didn't say hip hop anywhere. It just says it's a beat community here. So any kind of beat this track here should be accepted as just a "REMIX" which I'm cool with after knowing how to DJ and try to blow everyones mind away with stuff they probably never thought of.

If Fade won't accept something, he can delete it. If it makes it to the voting page, then so be it. So just because people dont know how to rhyme twice as slow to a fast x2 beat that isn't familiar to their flow or mathematics doesn't mean it's a no.

Also Fade has stated numerous times over the past several battles about this being a HIPHOP site. He even stated he wont let EDM place i believe. He said it in his AOTB too.
I even quoted it in the battle threads.

But I mean, who is Fade right? Just the guy who set the whole thing up etc...

peace, all. Good luck to anyone here who makes Hip-Hop <3 Stay ill

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
DnB is not EDM. Adjusting Marvin's transpose to 4st and 48 detune is way lower than a chipmunk sounding kanye beat. You don't know how to compare and contrast when you just wanna talk ish. Get over it
Got a tonneof my friends who listen to produce dnb none of them consider themselves hiphop producers nor their dnb consider it hip-hop.

I didn't insult your beat at all, I complimented, made this clear multiple times. Just 'cause you don't like Jay or Ye, don't get salty.

Jay Z is one of my favourite rappers.

TACTIK

The most unique producer on here
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 527
Why you getting offended about Jay Z and Kanye - I liked the track, I liked the vibe, I was even gonna use the term 'anthem' in regards to it. I could just hear a Jay Z or Kanye on this. In a good way. *shrugs*
LOL I was saying your not offending me! Your just a joke to me as you have turned out to be the complete opposite of being and are trying to clash...Your current splash of expressions of depressions towards things you don't understand is not fun for this community. Learn to be, no need to only want what you see.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
You're drunk, bro. Maybe sober up before posting on ill. Man compliment your beat you get upset then go on some random madness about how DnB is actually Hip-Hop.
Accept the compliment and stop crying. Who's your favourite rapper im sure he'd sound good on it too

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
LOL the title of the site is literally "the ultimate hip hop beat maker community". I don't know how much more obvious it needs to be.

Besides, like @Iron Keys said, I've never heard any other genre than Hip Hop use the terms "beatmaker" or "beatmaking". I guess I need to plaster "HIP HOP!!!" all over the homepage with big flashing neon arrows or something.

180 BPM is a 90 BPM in hip hop reality with DnB. DnB was originated from hip hop breaks X2 speed. If you don't understand how to rap to a DnB beat because there are too many snares freaking you out or something. Your mind set on Kanye or JayZ with your feedback isnt offensive to me at all, just wrong and unecessary...maybe you need to try something new and expand what you can do.
Drum and bass originated from Hardcore, which originated from acid houae.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
sissymuzik would be more appropriate.

girl rage GIF

drum and bass was edm before edm was edm hahahaha.
I was into hardcore, jungle and drum and bass as it evolved I watched it come up out of the UK rave scene in the late 80's and early 90's. The direct precursor to drum n bass is jungle, and thats heavily dub and reggae influenced. While the amen break is the most used break in drum n bass, its not evolved from hip hop at all.

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
sissymuzik would be more appropriate.

girl rage GIF
Initially yes... but thats where the women are. just look at what you posted lol... I'm not an EDM guy but i would prefer to be around a bunch women in tank tops, then "keeping it real" around a bunch of guys, listening to Dibiase beats LOL

Initially yes... but thats where the women are. just look at what you posted lol... I'm not an EDM guy but i would prefer to be around a bunch women in tank tops, then "keeping it real" around a bunch of guys, listening to Dibiase beats LOL
I agree, thats why I loved going clubbing in raves, a whole different atmosphere to people holding up the wall trying to look hard

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
I agree, thats why I loved going clubbing in raves, a whole different atmosphere to people holding up the wall trying to look hard
Facts. Not many "urban" orientated clubs i been to where this ain't the case pretty much a massive fight or stabbing or some bullshit every time.

Much better to be around pilled up loons sweating their soul out chins in a different postcode to the rest of their face.

But i still begrudge and blame Hospitality records event for giving me tinnitus.

Man's talking about gyal dem... EDM is a pure BRO culture scene, one of the reasons i ducked out.

Just a bunch of dudes with laptops circle jerking about eachothers synth patches
i remember going to ministry of sound, saw this fit looking long haired blond with long gorgeous long hair and a small white tee with a love heart on it, the she turned around and "she" had a beard. Was also at ministry that I saw a black guy in a leopard patterned all in one body suit dancing up on a table. Only went there twice. hahahahahaha. I used to try and dodge that gay shit. Aint going to lie, used to be very homophobic back in the days. But times change.

Facts. Not many "urban" orientated clubs i been to where this ain't the case pretty much a massive fight or stabbing or some bullshit every time.

Much better to be around pilled up loons sweating their soul out chins in a different postcode to the rest of their face.

But i still begrudge and blame Hospitality records event for giving me tinnitus.
uk garage used to be a good scene to rave to, until So Solid Crew changed the whole game, then it became the same holding up the wall trying to out hard each other. Ive never seen more trouble than at a bashment/dancehall ting. Every one Ive been to has been shut down early because of trouble, now one of my best mates that I went to school with and partner at the studio is(was) a bashment promoter and held events, until they just couldnt get a licence any more because of trouble. All the bashment venues have shut down. Its only at a bashment new years do that I have been teargassed inside a club while one girl went outside to grab a chair to come back in and beat some other floozy with. True story.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
i remember going to ministry of sound, saw this fit looking long haired blond with long gorgeous long hair and a small white tee with a love heart on it, the she turned around and "she" had a beard. Was also at ministry that I saw a black guy in a leopard patterned all in one body suit dancing up on a table. Only went there twice. hahahahahaha. I used to try and dodge that gay shit. Aint going to lie, used to be very homophobic back in the days. But times change.
Loool

Was at club my boy works at after our brother's 9 night and was kinda at end some fiiine gal in some glam lace dress tall slender mm, my boy hit her with "hey honey, you're very pretty but why don't you smile" ... sshe then hit us with some 3 tooth smile (no exaggeration).

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online